• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Snagged a '76 Explorer Package pics

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A few weeks ago I came up on a great deal on this uncut '76 Explorer. Auto, 302, PDB, PS. Drives great. Very little rust, only surface rust...basically needs a paint job and a drivers side floor pan. Lookslike this is gonnabe the winter driver to the ski slopes this year:) Thanks for letting me post a few pics.

Always,

Blue71

Attachments

• Img_0011.jpg
    Img_0011.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Img_0022.jpg
    Img_0022.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Img_0026.jpg
    Img_0026.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Img_0023.jpg
    Img_0023.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Img_0013.jpg
    Img_0013.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Img_0019.jpg
    Img_0019.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Img_0010.jpg
    Img_0010.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 110

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I'm thoroughly disgusted with you, that's exactly what I want...:'(

That'd be the greatest daily driver evar! (I've got plans for one just like that)

Congrats on your new addition to the family. ;D

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
Another score! Congrats! That second photo is great with the other Broncos scattered in the background.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
congrats on the find!

kinda an odd question: but how do you keep finding them???
I mean, i know FL isn't known for keeping vehicles in mint condition, but i see maybe one (besides mine and my neighbors) every month or so....
do you find them in: papers? friends? around town? side of the road? ?:?

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
It doesn't look like the spare tire has been used very much. ;D Very nice find. And geez, are you rich or how do you afford all of those beauties?

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Andy -
You keep finding these good ones...what about some that are trashed and you can get parts off of ;)

I am going to ask the question too...What's your magic for finding these beauties? ?:?

Louie

Bronco Guru
Nice find and addition to the collection! Yeah, you're turning into the Broncolove of TN. I'm just glad I got my 73 out of there before you got your sticky fingers ahold of it :eek:

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
NO FAIR!!!!!

When will you start finding your buddies more broncos to help us grow our collection (he said with a devilish glint in his eyes!!!)!!!!!

Congratulations!

Bill

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the complements fellas. I got this one for Under 2K. I spend a lot of time searching for most of these things. Usually I hear from a friend, or friend of a friend, or relative where one might be setting. Then I set out to find it. When I find one..a very few people will sell them, but of course as you all know..most are gonna fix them up ?:? ?:? . I always get that. Some people I come across will have one that has been sitting for 15-20 years in a field and its rusted to death and they either won't sell, or want 8 grand for it because thats what the interenet says its worth :eek:. Found one the other day that had a ten foot tree growning up through the floorboard. Tell me that one hasn't been sitting a while. Guy said he's saving it for his grandson to fix up. Uhh...his grandson is like 7 yrs old. Can't wait to see how they are gonna get that huge tree out of the cockpit when they get started fixn her up. Whew!.. I have been really lucky and have gotten some pretty good deals on them. Last weekend I put nearly 250 miles in looking for three that I had heard about. I found a Scout, A '78 Bronco, A Grave Digger Monster Truck miniature redneck mobile(can post pics if you want) and what looked like Noah's Ark (got pics of this vessel too). But I finally found two of them, but they weren't much, but just finding them was all the fun. Its almost like when your on a Bronco hunt/adventure that when you get close, or even see the top of one parked behind a barn..your heart races and the excitement builds. I think that is why I look for them. Thanks for letting me rattle on.

Blue71

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Blue71 said:
Last weekend I put nearly 250 miles in looking for three that I had heard about. I found a Scout, A '78 Bronco, A Grave Digger Monster Truck miniature redneck mobile(can post pics if you want) and what looked like Noah's Ark (got pics of this vessel too). But I finally found two of them, but they weren't much, but just finding them was all the fun.

Blue71

Did you every find the two I told you about?
I saw noah's ark also that same day we found the broncos.

By the way I just found two more sitting less than a mile from my house. Who knows how long those have been there and I didn't even know about them.

I know all about that rush you get when you spot one. Aint it great. ;D

nutter3

Blue71,

Ummm I think you have some sort of a problem. You should seek medical assistance as soon as possible. ;D

Nice looking broncos!!

DocLewis

Loc.
Hornsby, TN
I can sure appreciate the "looking behind the barn" comment! LOL I often take back roads or different routes to look for Broncos and older Ford trucks. Between all of us in the close family circle we have amassed: 4 Bronco IIs; 5 Big Broncos; 8 Early Broncos; and 5 old Ford trucks.
My close neighbor has an original 71 Early Bronco that has been sitting outside his shop for at least the past seven years. Each time I speak with him about it, he always says that some day he's gonna restore it. :'( It's really sad to see how much it has gone down just sitting there! Doc