• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

So, went to install my Body Lift and...

Heus33

Bronco Guru
...realized that that PO welded in new floors over the mounting bolts!!! %)

I'm guessing that theres no easy way around this right?

Looks like no BL for me. :(

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Drill through the floor sheet metal? from bottom to top?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Definitely gotta be a way around it brother.. Damn PO's.. Uggh...

I've debated and debated on a body lift...but that's at the bottom of the priority list..

How tall you going? 1-2"

JoeLat

I had to hole saw mine. Just have to try to measure the right spot, which is the hard part.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Stuff like that makes me wonder how good is the body attached under that floor pan.%)
It's going to turn into a major project but you really should open it up and see what you have.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i had to use a hole saw like the others...only missed once...quick and easy

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Stuff like that makes me wonder how good is the body attached under that floor pan.%)
It's going to turn into a major project but you really should open it up and see what you have.

"Major Project" Why is this always the case???? PO put 1/8" plate over the whole floor, even built new tubs for it. I've got my fingers crossed that he did a good job and from what I can tell it looks pretty well done. I've got a 1"BL that I'm going to use if I need the extra lift when I return my truck to uncut.

Sounds like a hole saw is my best bet - nervous about the measurements and missing. Gonna hold off until after I get the fenders back on.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Tom, picked up a pair of uncut fenders, you want some tin?

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Had one like that myself....took it to a buddy with a plasma cutter & took care of it (easier than getting hole saws & the PO put in 1/8" thick plate for floorboards). It can be done and relatively easily, just a bump in the road!

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Tom, picked up a pair of uncut fenders, you want some tin?

I already got a set from Nicks Trix. If all goes well I'll have it completed next week!

Thanks though Randy - hang onto them, if I screw this up I'll let you know.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looks to be about 1"...just be sure that when you measure perfect and the center bit hits the top of the bolt that you do NOT cut the center bit FLUSH with the outside part...it makes it a little tricky after you do that...