• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOB dune trail runs

gjrock

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Anacortes,WA
I am just testing the waters here.We brought 3 Broncos down and wheeled the hell out of them at sob on all the many hill climbs and side trails.We did not run into any Broncos on the side trails at all,just quads?It seems everyone goes straight to the open area or to the bowls.mabey we should have a dune trail run organized.Am I alone here?mabey us three are the minority.If the small trails are to easy take them all in 2wd and punch it.My 2 cents.

House

Minutia Militia
We played two man follow the leader through a lot of the snail trails between the beach and bowls and to the right of the big flats. I myself stayed away from the real brushy ones, though...
Did you try the sand bog at the spring on the beach?

OP
OP
gjrock

gjrock

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Anacortes,WA
Glad to here it.I did not hit the sand bog.I saw huge vehicles getting stuck.I tried to stay away from the big limbs on the trails.

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
Me and my uncle kevin went through the side trails alot. We even made it through the sand bog. that was before it got so tore up though. haha then we ghost rode from the far back to the parking lot. It was fun and only took about 2.5 hours!!

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
We play a lot though the trails on the dunes... mainly the ones in the back towards the graveyard and then some along the parking lot area. I am sure that other trucks play back there due to the tracks but I have never encountered another vehicle back there.

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
yah we didnt see anyone either. i was suprised. and my nephew airborne69 is right the ghost riding from one end of sandlake to the other took a little longer than we thought but it was fun as hell and you only live once! ha! ha! we also made it up the mud bog trench 3 times. 3rd time i had to put the locker in and made it up o.k. but after that it wasnt recognizable any more. only the most extreme rides even tried it after that. it should be interesting to see what it looks like next year. anyone have any good pics of it?

House

Minutia Militia
No pics here either.
The last rig I saw go clear through it was that black exo'd bobbed lengthened
and locked up Toyota on 39.5's...

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Riding through the trails in the trees is my favorite part about Sandlake. That's usually what we hit first. Those ones in the NW corner can get tight.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Those ones in the NW corner can get tight.
Yes they certainly can. We just about backed over half a dozen motorcycles last year when we had to back out of one of them. I didn't get into any of them this year but we usually hit some of them. I don't think it's so much that no one hits them but rather that there are a lot of little trails and a dozen EB's could be on them at once and never see each other. You also have to be careful to dodge the ATV's on them as well since they can be hard to see.

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
\ basically ghost riding is getting your vehicle in a gear where it will drive the vehicle itself and then you ride on it wherever you want.(hood, bumper, etc.)
for us it was putting it in 4low and 2nd gear. then we cranked up some classic rock music and 2 of us road on the rollbar and 1 stood in the back. every once in awhile we would tap the steering wheel with our feet to keep us from drifting too far off course. it made alot more sense to me when i had a good buzz going though. ha! ha!

jrbronco

ya it sounds like you must of been REALY BUZZED to do somthing like that.HA HA. Did you have a lot of fun sandhorse, i know i did

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
ya it sounds like you must of been REALY BUZZED to do somthing like that.HA HA. Did you have a lot of fun sandhorse, i know i did

Oh yeah, Ghost Ride the Whip!!! I cant believe you guys rode out there all night! Man, it really seemed like everyone was spread out all over the place, well I guess we were but kinda made hooking up a little tough. Wish we'd have had a little more time to hang with everyone. It was fun rolling through the trails that night though, the wife thought I was going to impale her with the brush we were flying through :eek:

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
Hey Kevin!

Did you guys ghost ride after the follow the leader? I saw you messing around, jumping out of your rig while it was moving in the open area near registation. I had to go back to camp and change my pants after the follow the leader. A few places scared the crap out of we. I did not want to be the one to roll Jeff's bronco or run it in to the side of a sand birm. Pretty sure we would not make it another 11 years if I had, I felt like it was a close call a few times.

Sucks having to go back to work this week. The trip went by way tooo fast. Looking forward to next year.

Jess