• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

soft top replacement

Hauq

This should be an easy one.

After 10+ years of not having the soft top on and a complete rebuild of my 75, I dug up the old soft top so I could use it this winter. The soft top is in sad shape, the vinyl is cracked, the windows are no longer see through, and worst of all; it just won't fit on the bronco.

So does anyone just sell a replacement soft top with out the hardware. I have all my hardware and it's in good shape?

Thanks,

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
wouldn't the BRAND of soft top 'skin' have to match the framework for things to work correctly????

Rampage top with Rampage hardware.....Bestop top with Bestop hardware etc.

Pops

OP
OP
H

Hauq

I've called Tom's and Graveyard, and they don't just have the skin, they only sell the kits. I don't know if the HW is different. My soft top came with the bronco 17 years ago.

OP
OP
H

Hauq

After calling more, it looks like I need to buy a new one with the HW. A local shop said it will cost way more to try and rebuild mine. So that's that.