• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

soft top

hokie7

Loc.
charlotte nc
i am about to put a soft top on my bronco and i was wondering whether to paint the rods that go on the back of the body. i was going to paint them with rustoleum but i dont know if it will peel or not. has anybody painted theirs? any suggestions?

Outshine2

Loc.
Orange County, CA
I just coated mine with roll on truck bed lining from Walmart. Was like $10 for a little quart which was more than enough to coat every piece of hardware for my soft top (windshield riser, door frames, bows, etc...) Matches my interior and has held up well to abuse. I would guess that rustoleum would chip off...

Steven_in_SC

Loc.
Charleston, SC
Definatley go with the bed liner or powdercoat. Paint will chip. Better yet stip it and polish them. I've done it to mine and get many comments.