• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD **SOLD**1966 Bronco for sale-or Part-out-PICS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawski

Loc.
Naperville, IL
SOLD TRUCK

1966 U14FL771021 for sale (or parted out, see other ad in parts link) Picture link - http://www.me.com/gallery/#100040
I purchased the truck 12 years ago from California (have original for sale add). It was very clean, but I was young and didn’t like the basic bronco, I wanted a big toy. After years of tear-down and rebuild I’m not into the big toys anymore, I want a stock Bronco. Which leaves me here, selling the first car I ever bought. Receipt to show- $7,750.

This bronco was acid dipped and e-coated in 2003. This was a 4 step dipping process that removes all rust, plastic body-work, rubber grommets, you name it. Once it’s been stripped and then rinsed a few times, it’s dipped into an electrocoat which is the final stage. 99% of all manufactured new cars are electrocoated then top coated with the color of choice. This truly is the best way to strip a car for a re-build. Receipt to show- $2,200 process.

I then got a hair to Line-X the whole vehicle. Line-X is the best spray-in-bed liner on the market, period. Between the high heat/high pressure application, the finish is indestructible, perfect for trail riding. The undercarriage and inner tub are black, and the exterior is green (Line-X now has a chemical painting process to change the green if you don’t like it). Receipt to show- $3,600 process.

Frame was POR’d, new 5.5” Suspension, new brake lines, emergency brake, Dana 44 & 9”, drum brakes around, 3 speed manual on the floor, body bushings, all stainless steel hardwear, 302 block rebuilt 5,000 miles ago, new Mallory ignition setup, Centech wiring w/ red-top, zero miles on new tires and wheels. Receipts to show everything I’ve done and the owner prior to me.

This sale includes everything need to finish resto. I’m probably about 90% done with it as it stands. Minor things to finish include- reinstall of steering system, install seats, finish dash-layout, install exterior lights, install tailgate, tune engine since it hasn’t been turned over in 18 months.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for further details via email (shawski216@yahoo.com) or cell (630-640-4729). I have lots of digital shots, and more Polaroid’s of before tear-down.

Price as sits now (excluding steel top, doors and extra hood) is $5,900.
If I part out everything (and extra steel doors, top, hood) I’ll be looking at about $7,000 realistically. (All Line-X pieces Tub-$3k, Wheels/tires-$1,000, hard-top-$300, steel hood-$350, steel doors-$250/per, trans-$150, Dana 20-$150, engine-$500, frame-$500, suspension-$300, 9” rearend-$300, Dana 44-$300).
I’m open to constructive input, but pretty firm on prices, please respect that.

Thank you for looking over this ad.

Regards,
Shaw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.