• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL SOLD! 1977 Uncut; Half Cab, PS, PDB, 302 - needs restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I own a 1977 Ford Bronco with metal half cab with a 302 V-8 and manual 3 speed on the column. It is uncut. As far as I can tell, all of sheet metal is decent with the exception of the tailgate, which is rusted out. The floors were replaced by the previous owner with flat steel. The half cab is ok, but has some pinholes. I drove her only once from the trailer to my garage. The clutch disk is shot (full of oil and grease is my guess). The power brakes no workie so good! The plastic fuel tank is located in the bed and is not installed. I drove her with the fuel line in a jug of fuel in the engine compartment. She did start up ok and sounded decent. She is in need of complete restoration, or she could easily be put into service as a hunting buggy with just a couple of weekend’s worth of work. She does however have some great parts. The rear is a big bearing 9 inch. The front of course is the original 44 with disc brakes. The half cab is not original, but has some value. I also have a metal bulkhead for the half-cab which is not installed. The fenders are uncut. I do not want to part her out! I would rather sell her whole and let someone else enjoy her. I own a fully restored 76 and I was going to restore this one as well, however the dip in economy put my plans on permanent hold and now I have neither the funds, time nor desire to sink into this project. The photos below were taken by the previous owner about two years ago, but she looks exactly the same today as I have done nothing to her! ;D She is in my garage and out of weather, so she is frozen in time for now. If you have specific questions or if you need specific photos, just let me know.

014.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

Chris B.

Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Looks like it would make a nice build. I would love to have it.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I think I paid $4,500 for it two years ago. I just want it sold fast, so I'm going to let it go for cheap! Like I said, it has alot of desireable parts being a 77. I know I could part it out for more than $3,500.00, but I just don't have the time to start tearing her down. The frame appears good and the sheet metal looks decent. The wiring under the dash is a bit of a mess, but nothing that can't be cleaned up. She would make an awsome hunt buggy or if someone wants to upgrade to the BB rear and disc front, this would be an easy way to gain the parts needed.

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Damn Chris, if you were selling this when Tim "introduced" us last year, I'd have snapped it up, I've looked at it a dozen times since you posted it...... I've even been to Ft Lauderdale several times over the past year and rode out to Naples over Thanksgiving..... Unfortunatly, my priorites have recently changed a bit and it would be another 6mo or so for me.. Looks like a great start.. If I can work something out, I'll let you know..

Good luck with the sale..

Free bump....

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Damn Chris, if you were selling this when Tim "introduced" us last year, I'd have snapped it up, I've looked at it a dozen times since you posted it...... I've even been to Ft Lauderdale several times over the past year and rode out to Naples over Thanksgiving..... Unfortunatly, my priorites have recently changed a bit and it would be another 6mo or so for me.. Looks like a great start.. If I can work something out, I'll let you know..

Good luck with the sale..

Free bump....

Thanks for the bump. I never intended on selling it, but I know I just don't have the time or money to mess with it. I'd rather sell it and let someone else enjoy it.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I have a little more detail for those of you that are interested.

1) The auxillary fuel tank is installed and in place. The fuel lines under the hood however are disconnected and jury rigged so you can run the engine from a canister of fuel. I don't know why as I have not touched it since I purchased it.
2) The rockers below the doors look good from the sides, but are rusted out underneath.
3) The windshield base at the hinge has some rust like most of them.
4) The rear quarters where the upper and lower panels come together has some rust, but no holes.
5) All 4 corners have some rust, but only the rear drivers side has dime and quarter sized holes.
6) The entire floor inside of the cab and bed has flat steel welded over it and then coated with some type of bed liner coating. It looks good. Someone took some time and put some effort into it.
7) The power steering is original and appears to work.
8) The power brakes with original discs up front are in need of rebuilding. I think the master cylinder is leaking and most likely will need to be replaced. Everything is there, so it should not be a big deal to put the brakes back in working order.
9) The dash is hacked up pretty good. Someone did a poor job of stereo installation.
10) The wiring under the dash is a bit of a mess. My plan called for putting in a new wiring harness, so I was not that concerned with it.
11) I forgot to bring my camera home last night. I'll try and get some more photos tonight and get them online tomorrow.
12) I forgot to mention: In addition to the half cab, I also have the metal bulkhead which is not installed.

Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I will give you 800 for that Katrina Bronco.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Ok, not the response I was looking for.

It I can't get $2,500.00 for it I'll part it out.

Thanks,

Cg

tdkask

Loc.
Virginia Beach, VA
I've been looking at EBs in the area (want my first one soon) and was looking at CJs before I decided I had to have a EB... they do seem to go higher on eBay than the classifieds or craigslist or here... Just a different market, I guess. Maybe blankenship76 is right. Set a min bid or reserve and see what you get.

Looks like a nice project truck, but more than I'd have time for, and a bit of a drive for me. :)

SKEETER

Loc.
Pensacola Fl.
I am the PO of this bronco, and Chris is a great guy to do business with. Good luck with the sale, and I hope things work out for you.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I'm trying to talk my dad into buying it for $2500! I'm extremely interested in the half cab.

jsl204

im interested wish id a saw it a week ago my grandad just left venice to come to mississippi to my graduation and this is a project im lokking for i have a nice one here i can buy ut wa nt a 77 but could co bine them and have a full and half cab, i will be in contacthe is coming back soon please post a # and ill contact you my name is jeff. thanks, how far are you from venice?

Status
Not open for further replies.