• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

spam mail (bronco related)

behemoth

Bronco Guru
This just showed up in my e-mail anyone else getting these.

Good day,
I came across your (BRONCO 1972) ,i am very much interested in buying a (BRONCO 1972) .i am making the purchase of this (BRONCO 1972) as a birthday Gift for my wife that will be turning 32 in some weeks from now. I am based in DUBAI [UAE],I will be making the purchase by the use of an American Bank Cashier's Check Payment.The payment will be issued by my client in the states who is owing me some funds.To secure the purchase of this beautiful (BRONCO 1972),get back with the last price. I will appreciate some photos of the (BRONCO 1972) . For the payment to be issued,I will need you to send the following informations to me.-1.your full name 2.your physical address 3.contact phone number.so i can send this informations to my client for the payment to be issued and sent to you. I will have my pre-paid shipping agent [SEA GATE BROKERS]contact you on what will be needed from you per! taining to thier pick-up/shipping as soon as their payment has been confirmed recieved.I will make arrangements for a special shipping for them such that they will be at passengers section of the jet. i await your quick response.
Thanks
Regards
MR FREDICK

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
What is the scam of it? if you give them an address that is not where the Bronc is, wait untill the $ are cleared. I don't understand where the scam is?

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Total scam. Here's how it works:

They send you a cashiers check for the sale amount plus extra to pay their friend for shipping (or customs or processing, etc.). So say you're selling for $7,000. They'll send you a cashiers check for $10,000. They send you the check. You cash it and wait a couple days for it to clear. The friend comes and picks up the truck and the extra $3,000 for shipping. A week later your bank calls and says, "Oops, the check was a fraud and didn't actually clear. Sorry!" They pull the money back out of your account.

Doh!!! You're now out 1 truck and $3,000.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/11/01/eveningnews/main527883.shtml

http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/counterfeit_cashier's_check.htm

U

Unregistered

Well then have fun with these guys, tell them to send the check to their "handler" and have the handler bring cash!

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
behemoth said:
This just showed up in my e-mail anyone else getting these.

Good day,
I came across your (BRONCO 1972) ,i am very much interested in buying a (BRONCO 1972) .i am making the purchase of this (BRONCO 1972) as a birthday Gift for my wife that will be turning 32 in some weeks from now. I am based in DUBAI [UAE],I will be making the purchase by the use of an American Bank Cashier's Check Payment.The payment will be issued by my client in the states who is owing me some funds.To secure the purchase of this beautiful (BRONCO 1972),get back with the last price. I will appreciate some photos of the (BRONCO 1972) . For the payment to be issued,I will need you to send the following informations to me.-1.your full name 2.your physical address 3.contact phone number.so i can send this informations to my client for the payment to be issued and sent to you. I will have my pre-paid shipping agent [SEA GATE BROKERS]contact you on what will be needed from you per! taining to thier pick-up/shipping as soon as their payment has been confirmed recieved.I will make arrangements for a special shipping for them such that they will be at passengers section of the jet. i await your quick response.
Thanks
Regards
MR FREDICK

did you have it listed for sale?

ricks77eb

Loc.
Deer Park, Texas
So if you know it is a scam why don't you do it with involvement of the police deptartment, and they can participate in the vehicle exchange.

OP
OP
behemoth

behemoth

Bronco Guru
Nope, this was just an e-mail that made it through my junk mail filters. I thought it was strange and realized it was a scam. It seems to be a autogenerated mail so I doubt getting the police involved would do anything.