• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spare Tire Cover Questions.....

Mikey

Bronco Guru
I'm thinking on getting one of those nifty Bronco spare tire covers. Got a few questions:

1. How often do these things get stolen? Any theft resisting ideas?

2. On eBay, found some printed ones around $60...same company selling a vinyl one and a denim one. Looks pretty good, not the cheap baggie Chinese ones with the wierd lettering. Which would last longer in the sun and weather? I can post links to these later...eBay blocked at work.

3. On a non-show type Bronco parked outside, is it a case of buy the cheapest due to weather and theft? Or I should be good with the mid-range cost of $60? Would love the Angie cover but would then worry too much for theft and weather.

4. By the way, where is Angie? All posts are pretty old from her (Chopper).

5. Gets really windy here, how well do covers stay on in severe wind? What do I need to look for for wind resistance? Any tips to ensure it wouldn't blow off?

6. Any tips for good quality reasonable-priced vendors? Again, looking for the Bronco-specific cover, not universal. Got 31x10.5 spare.

Thanks for you input!
Mikey

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I bought one from Tom's (I think) awhile back. I guess some nice lady used to make them (Angie?) and Tom's had some.

The one I got is GREAT quality. I have no trouble with it at all. We have a lot of wind here too and it is fine. I generally keep my eye on my Bronco all the time when out so theft has not been an issue for me.

Attachments

• Anza Borrego.jpg
    Anza Borrego.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
I bought one from Tom's (I think) awhile back. I guess some nice lady used to make them (Angie?) and Tom's had some.

The one I got is GREAT quality. I have no trouble with it at all. We have a lot of wind here too and it is fine. I generally keep my eye on my Bronco all the time when out so theft has not been an issue for me.

Very nice!!!!!

matt w

Bronco Guru
I have had them for years and never had one stolen. I leave it on for normal city driving. i take it off before i go on trail runs and leave it at home. I criss cross 2 bungee cords that have clamp type ends on the back side to keep it from working its way off on the highway. I guess in a way that could be some form of theft frustration as it would make it a little tougher to attempt to get off UNLESS they have a knife. ����

OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
I have had them for years and never had one stolen. I leave it on for normal city driving. i take it off before i go on trail runs and leave it at home. I criss cross 2 bungee cords that have clamp type ends on the back side to keep it from working its way off on the highway. I guess in a way that could be some form of theft frustration as it would make it a little tougher to attempt to get off UNLESS they have a knife. ����

Clamp type bungee? Not sure I know what those are......I've only seen the hook kind.

matt w

Bronco Guru
Clamp type bungee? Not sure I know what those are......I've only seen the hook kind.

I took bungee cord material. They sell clamps at Lowes and Home Depot that have teeth on them, kinda work like clothes pins yet have teeth and can be locked onto the fabric.

Buckeye Rob

Loc.
Hurst, TX
Here's the one Angie just made for me.
8ytavuze.jpg

angie_m89@hotmail.com is how to contact her.