• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spare Tire on Rear Quarter

prs10top

Loc.
Montpelier
I am new to the Classicbroncos site and forums. I am hunting for a classic bronco, with preference for something with a mild lift, etc. I would prefer to have a spare. My question is this. Since a lot of the trucks that are lifted have rather large and heavy wheel/tires, I am concerned about it hanging from the rear quarter panel like they did stock. I am afraid the additional wight of that bigger spare and wheel bouncing up and down the road will put undue strain on that area and eventually cause problems. Am I being a little paranoid, or is this something I should take not of while looking. I'd much prefer the spare carrier on a nice steel bumper, but hate to eliminate good "contenders" for something I needn't worry about. THANKS!

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Welcome!!!!!!! Well as you stated mot of the lifted/larger tire Bronco's have a tire mount on the rear bumper. Some buy them others like me made them. I actually need to re-design mine for the same reason you listed, they are heavy and there is a lot of stress on the bumper. I used 1/4" steel plate on mine and it still moves the bumper. I guess I have note helped much other than if I was you look, read and ask a lot of questions before you buy.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
You needn't worry. I worked with Duff to develop a heavy duty spare tire carrier that mounts to the chassis and is hidden by the stock bumper. It is super clean and hell bent for stout. It will be available to purchase very soon as they are entering production now. Be on the lookout! They just released the install video on YouTube.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Bonefizz

Contributor
Loc.
The poor house
You needn't worry. I worked with Duff to develop a heavy duty spare tire carrier that mounts to the chassis and is hidden by the stock bumper. It is sooner clean and hell bent for stout. It will be available to purchase very soon as they are entering production now. Be on the lookout!

Great news! I'll be watching for this!

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
That looks very nice!

You needn't worry. I worked with Duff to develop a heavy duty spare tire carrier that mounts to the chassis and is hidden by the stock bumper. It is super clean and hell bent for stout. It will be available to purchase very soon as they are entering production now. Be on the lookout! They just released the install video on YouTube.

Juiceman

Contributor

just watched the video. Super nice. Can't wait for them to be ready to order

OP
OP
P

prs10top

Loc.
Montpelier
Wow! That's very cool. Thank you all for the help....I know you'll be hearing from me again! Hopefully, at some point, I can be of help once in a while!

Flying Pigs

Loc.
Elgin, IL
I have been waiting for this tire carrier since the Super celebration to handle the weight of a 35" tire and use the stock bumper, bought mine earlier today. Has a class 2 hitch and can lock a jack that can jack a lifted Bronco....Clean and stock looking.... Brilliant