• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spark Plug Question

nosaj2k

Loc.
Green River, WY
I am getting ready to install new spark plugs in my 1970 Bronco. Aside from possibly a mild cam & a Pertronix distributor + coil, the 302 engine is basically stock. Should I purchase spark plugs that would normally be compatible with a stock 302 of that vintage with a points type distributor, or should I purchase a plug used on a later Duraspark equipped Ford engine (electronic ignition)? I guess to sum up my question, should I select the plug based on the engine block/head, or should I consider the ignition system instead? What about spark plug gap? Should I gap it at 0.030 for a 1970 points type ignition or 0.044 for a later duraspark?

THANKS!! ;D ;D

Jason

Last edited:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
X2 get your standard spark plugs for the 1970 engine and just open the plug gap tp about .042-.044