• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

speaking of efi conversions - craigslist

Miker

Bronco Guru
?:? Found this on Craigslist, is this the whole enchilada needed for a conversion and if so what's it worth? The guy says $1,000 obo.
Thanks,

i have all the necessary parts to convert a carb vehicle (mustang, bronco, etc) if you need a 351 converion or 302 conversion i have both intakes
all parts are included being sold as kit
msd efi fuel pump
mustang gt computer, harness, injectors, rails, and sensors
o2 bungs
5.0 lower and upper intake
also have 5.8 truck lower intake and adaptor plate to mount a 5.0 upper intake
edelbrock 70mm throttle body
sumitt racing maf conversion kit
5.0 distributor and performance ignition module
5.8 distributor
other misc. parts and brackets also all you need to complete is a return fuel line
1000$ for everything obo

RVH

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
Not everything:

- You will need a TFI distributor
- ... wiring harness
- ... o2 sensors
- ... throttle cable

Some other things to consider ...

- I am certain all the sensors are used. That might be OK, but you will need to test them. Some sensors you will want to get new, like the o2 sensors

- You need to get a list of all the sensors. The sellers interpretation of 'ALL' might not be correct

- Fuel supply(and return) ... you have options, but you will likely need a low pressure pump to feed the HP pump (depending on where you mount the HP pump). You need to consider the HP fuel lines needed to get to the fuel rail as well.

- I am not an advocate of a MAF that is not what came calibrated with the computer. Others debate this ... just my opinion

- Find out what computer - the programming code

- You need details on what is meant by 'other misc parts' ...

Overall it sounds over priced. You could go to the yard and get entire explorer motor, including everything for the mustang EFI for close to that same price. Some of done it cheaper.

Rob

Salgood

Loc.
Kalispell
Seems overpriced to me as well - I agree with RVH - I would have a hard time justifying purcashing a bunch of used sensors....

ransil

Bronco Guru
That price you should be able to get a complete running motor and all sensors & wiring.