• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering wheel/tilt column question

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can an original steering wheel w/ half moon along with the OEM auto shift lever, turn signal lever and gear indicator mount on a ididit or Flaming Rivers tilt column?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I don't think so. They are GM based.

WH has a "Ford" tilt column now. Bolt in. No adapters. It is beautiful.

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't think so. They are GM based.

WH has a "Ford" tilt column now. Bolt in. No adapters. It is beautiful.

Just looked at their site, I'm seeing "ididit" and also some custom tilt columns that WH teamed up with ididit to create. Is the one you mentioned the custom?
Thanks!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Just looked at their site, I'm seeing "ididit" and also some custom tilt columns that WH teamed up with ididit to create. Is the one you mentioned the custom?
Thanks!

Its called the Direct Fit Tilt Column '73-'77. It is in their catalog after 2011.

doran4x

Contributor
You can use a chevy column with a couple of minor modifications. It gives you the locking steering wheel with the key in the column. I used a truck column from 1985 or so.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I've put in 2..... 78 & 79 Ford tilts. Both my ford have broke the tilt gear track. I'd been thinking about putting in an IdidIt....But I might want to check out these WH. Columns ..
.. An a 2nd thing I've not liked about the 78 & 79 ford column into my Bronco .. the wheel will drop between my knees but won't raise but a couple of click over straight .
.. I need the steering wheel to tilt up to the wind shield.