• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stinky Stuff!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I just put in my fresh third member with a Yukon Trac Loc. I was provided with a little bottle of friction modifier that I was told was necessary because this traction wonder uses clutches. I was also given very specific instructions to never never ever get this stuff on you!?:? Realizing the hazard of the stuff I put it into the housing before putting the third member in because there is a little space in there. Got the install done and while cleaning up my work area, I felt something running down my coveralls. There was a teenie-weenie bit left in the bottle and it spilled on my crotch!:eek: Now I'm all alone and smelly as all get out! The good news is the wife can't tell if I've been drinking beer.;D Does that stuff ever go away?

reynard101

Bronco Guru
Ha-ha! You said "teenie-weenie"!!!

Your wife might not be able not be able to tell you've bene drinking beer, but since you spilled it on your crotch she might think you've been with the skankiest/stinkiest hooker in town.

Itsa67

friction modifier
---
spilled on my crotch
...this isn't sounding much like an accident :) Sorry I don't have any ideas on how to remove the smell but you can count yourself lucky this wasn't in the same league as the guy with the herculiner and his hootus!!

Crankshaft67

Time is the best bet...

A more aggressive appoach, gojo and a green scouring pad...;D

I'm not a chemist but if this stuff bonds to oil, it is probably bonding to your body oil... so time is about all you can do. If it was anywhere else you could try some Acetone, but that stuff will dry you out quick and I wouldn't put it down there....

Baja71

Bronco Guru
I'm sure you know that they make diff. oil with the friction modifier already in the oil, right?

Just be glad it's not herculiner. ;D :cool: