• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock push in dip stick tube and headers

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
I have a 68 stock pass side push in dipstick tube. I installed a set of bc headers. My stock dipstick tube is shot. I was hopping to install the lokar flexible dipstick tube however, I am not really finding anything. I thought I remember reading on here somewhere that duff may have some one off tubes that would accommodate this. I searched and could not find anything on this. Does anyone know if duffs does have the unicorn of dip stick tubes? or a part number for some where that does (I am super busy at work and it is hard to get to call anywhere ) If not does anyone have any ideas?? If it makes any difference I also have a dipstick tube in the timing cover (donor 1979 thunderbird motor) but I don't see how that could possibly work with a rear sump pan. Thanks

OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
Also I am not opposed to making my pan a thread in tube style but I don't want to have to pull the motor or pan back off if anyone has any ideas. Thanks

OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
Also I am not opposed to making my pan a thread in pan ( I know I am late to the game on this one) But I really don't want to have to pull the motor or oil pan back off to be able to make it thread in if anyone has does this and what it takes I am open to try. Thanks

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I got my oil pan and Lokar flex kit from Duffs,you could give them a call and see what they recommend,I have Hedman long tube headers with the Lokar on the driver side,but I have a NV3550 trans with a 1" body lift and have no clearance issues.You could check with Summit too,they carry a ton of parts and combo kits that may work,its a bit of homework but worth it.Good luck. :cool: