• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

stock three speed tranie

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
could someone be so nice as to give me the measurments of the splines, the measurment of the shaft before the splines, and length. Mine is not here and i hate to pull mine out for this. thanks measurment with a tape and a calper would be great. thanks again

OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
could any one please help? also could some one possible give me a picture and measurments of where the tale shaft bolts on to the tranie and the measurments. thanks

broncodan1

Hey,
I measured the shaft from the surface of the bearing race,
using a tape measure as best I could. the shaft is 7 & 3/4"
total length, splines are 3 & 7/8", shaft before the splines
is also 3 & 7/8". Hope this is some help....
Dan

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
Give me some time and I will get some photos for you.

I have a complete tranny, rebuilt, sitting in my shop and a complete set up with bell housing to D20 bolted up and setting in the shop. I will get the pictures posted tomorrow.

Shoot me a email and I will send the photos there if you like. They will be a better quality if I don't have to resize them to post.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I have read your message several times, and I believe I have captured the photos you wanted. It looks like the spline measurements have been answered, so I focused on the rear of the transmission bolt pattern.

Let me know if I am even close to what you want. If this is not it let me know, I will keep the tranny and adapters out so I can get what you want.

Attachments

• Transmission Measurements 2.jpg
    Transmission Measurements 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Transmission Measurements 3.jpg
    Transmission Measurements 3.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Transmission Measurements 4.jpg
    Transmission Measurements 4.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Transmission Measurements 5.jpg
    Transmission Measurements 5.jpg