• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stopping\preventing future Rust

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
I've had my truck for a year and a half now, and use it as my daily driver. It has yet to see any snow, but where I live it sees allot of rain. Although garage parked when not in use, I've been noticing lately that rust has started to surface in some places, and blistering in others. (see pictures below). The paint job overall is in good shape. My dream is to do a cpmplete frame off, but unfortunately that won't come to fruition for about 3-4 years.

My question is; what can I do to to repair or stop the rust that is already forming. (again see below pics)

Thanks

Rick

Attachments

• 100_0517.jpg
    100_0517.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 118

elkhunter

Loc.
Glenoma, WA
If it is just surface rust you can grind it off, but even so you kindof want to replace it. because rust is like cancer in how it spreads

MI-Bronco

I use a product called Rust-Mort. Put this right on the rust and it will help stall the progress until you can paint it. It won't help your blistering, but where you have rust coming through it will neutralize the rust.