• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

stripped striker plate bolt

rmk57

How would you go about fixing this?

The guy tack welded the plate to the door jam when he got the adjustment about right. Just one of those things I want to repair and get right.

OP
OP
rmk57

rmk57

The housing that the plate resides in was rusted in the bottom, so the plate pretty much fell out the bottom.
I can make a new one and repair and weld up the housing.

This is one section of rust that kinda worked out in my favor.

acebooncoon

Loc.
frierson/shreveport
sorry for you

both of my door striker screws were stripped on both doors. I had to drill the screws out. I bought new mounting plates for the backside and new screws. I found it to be a pain when it came to the drilling out of the screws. the drivers side was a bit of a challenge. if you only have the rear tank then it won't be.

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
I have nuts on the back side of one that I had to drill out. If I reach up as far as I can with a ratchet wrench I only lose a little (ok kind of a lot) skin getting it tightened back up as they loosen up from having to slam the door from the replacement rubber being so stupid tight.

I'll eventually take the new one out the bag on my bench and replace it someday. :D