• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stuck Bronco getting towed - Anybody here??

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
That's KyleQ from on here. I thought that Bronco looked familiar.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
]Hey I noticed that it took two cevys to tow a ford!

but the chevys got the broken down ford out of its mess. they are running and he's broken or was it stuck?

the players and locale sorta remind me of the movie Deliverance.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Said his hydraulic lines broke and no steering. Wonder why he couldn't have put the Bronco in rear wheel drive and helped the wrecker up the hill?? Maybe he didn't want to pump the pump dry and risk ruining the power steering pump?

sriha

Saw both of those guys out on the trail this weekend. I guess the wrecker guy will pull you out for free but most people give donations. He was following us on one of the trails, must have noticed all the Heeps in the group and thought that maybe one would need a pull:)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Said his hydraulic lines broke and no steering. Wonder why he couldn't have put the Bronco in rear wheel drive and helped the wrecker up the hill?? Maybe he didn't want to pump the pump dry and risk ruining the power steering pump?

meh. Not a worry. I ran a dry pump with nothing but armstrong steering from Slick Rock all the way back to Crawford's..and that pump is still pumping today. ;D

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac

He also said his starter or something was out. So he may not have been able to start it.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
That was me - I managed to pinch a hydraulic line between my axle and frame and I lost a starter bolt, so all the starter did was make horrible noises.

Erik doesn't want you to push the tow truck up the hills as the boom and the back of the truck isn't designed for it, so you basically have to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Look for some new video of him yanking out my brother's blue blazer with a steering box torn out of the frame and off the rag joint and a cut up supercharged Jeep with no wheel bearings on either side of the front axle. Oh and a 78' Bronco that managed to tear a coil spring out while climbing a hill - we know Erik well :p

BSF Recovery Team is a great asset to have and are worthy of all of your likes and comments. He truly is the nicest guy you will find on the trail. This year I didn't get hooked, but it really doesn't help when he rolls by and tells you to hit the hardest line there is and mentions then he can always get me home ;D