• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stuck Door 1975 Bronco Sport

CRCBronco

I have a 1975 Bronco Sport and originally the exterior door handle was stuck and wouldn't open unless you applied a ton of pressure. So I typically would leave the window rolled down to open the door from the inside. Now the door won't open from either side. And both the interior and exterior handles have no tension when you attempt to open the door. Do you have any idea how I can fix this problem?

Old School

Loc.
AZ
Unscrew the lock knob and stick the nozzle on a WD-40 or Blaster can in there and soak the latch mechanism from the inside.

Squirt everything you see.

I finally pulled my door panels and oiled/greased every part that moves and replaced the window roller. I used to have to let my wife and kids in and out since they couldn't make the latches work.

It works just like new now and cost basically nothing.