• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Suggestions for good quality plugs/wires/cap/rotor?

mburkhart

I want to replace the plugs/wires/cap/rotor in my stock 302. But when I go looking on auto part sites it's not really easy to tell the quality parts from the cheap foreign crap.

Can anyone recommend specific brands or items I should look for (or avoid)? This is the stock 302 in a 1974 Bronco.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Good luck. The race to the bottom on the part of almost every parts manufacturer these days has been alarming. So much of what is on the market- even major name brands like Motorcraft- is Chinese junk. And to be completely fair, it's junk because the pressure is on them to keep prices as low as possible too. Bigger profits for the American retailers, and so far people grumble but they still buy the stuff.

Do not buy spark plugs off Amazon. There is no attempt by Amazon to vet their vendors, and fakes are rampant. Summit is a better source, among others. Brand is an endless debate, I'll leave it to others to weigh in.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I bought and started assembling my MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor set. Super high quality, make your own length, comes with a Crimper/cutting guide (but I’ll prob use my ratcheting Crimper anyway).

I’ve only cut and messed around with the main coil wire for practice since I don’t need that one.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I just run automated plugs, summit brand cap and motorsport wires. That's with a Davis hei dizzy.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I just run automated plugs, summit brand cap and motorsport wires. That's with a Davis hei dizzy.
Took me a minute…I see autocorrect likes you too. Autometer. I run the same. Haha.

seismic

Loc.
Grantsville,Utah
I want to replace the plugs/wires/cap/rotor in my stock 302. But when I go looking on auto part sites it's not really easy to tell the quality parts from the cheap foreign crap.

Can anyone recommend specific brands or items I should look for (or avoid)? This is the stock 302 in a 1974 Bronco.