• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Superlift traction bars

Cip68

Loc.
Harleysville
Anyone ever use superlift traction bars? I just started to install a set, and can't seem to get the frame brackets to sit parallel to the leaf springs. They appear not to have enough clearence on the spring hangers. When I tried to back off the jamb nut on the bar itself, it's rusted fast, and is now soaked with PB blaster. These are new so why is there rust inside of them? The frame mounted brackets have slots not holes for the front of the bars to mount on, should the bars be mounted in the front or the rear of these slots? Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Which ones are you installing? I have used their super-trac bars in the past and can tell you how I installed them. If you are using a different model, I unfortunately can't help. There are some installed pictures here that may help.

Myllo73

I have the ones from Jeff's and installed them as them as close to the spring hanger and as level as I could get them. The weld from the spring hanger prevented them from being completely parrellel to the frame. I also mounted the bar towards the back of the slot. They are designed to prevent axel wrap and I figured the further back the better, and this allows for forward movement when the axel is moving up. Instructions with them would have helped out a lot.