• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

surf board racks

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
Has anyone every set up a surf board rack on their roll bars?

Soft or hard racks...doesn't matter and if you have pics please post. I am looking for ideas.

Thanks,

Matt

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I am going to install a couple round tube sleeves on the sides of my family cage so that I can slip in a bike rack or ski-rack or whatever I need. I will also do that on the top to run a safari rack. I will need all the interior space I can get and wont ever run a top again likely now that I am in CA.

Bronco

Loc.
Mountain View, CA
I put some surf racks on my Defender's family cage. It was basically just padding with straps. it worked real well. Sorry don't have any pics of it.

i didn't have a full family cage in my bronco and it didn't really work because of the windshield and wiper motor being higher than the roll bar.

Here's what i ended up doing most of the time with the bronco.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 89

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
My buddy who is building a '66 has a couple ideas on this. He came to the conclusion that a couple carriage bolts will hold it down just fine :p !!!

Actually he is a 50 year old steamfitter that has no ambition to ever surf again but has his old long board that he wants to put on there for the memories.

lasadoor

Loc.
San Diego
i've been thinking of putting eye-bolts on the interior side of the cage and using ratchet straps to hold the boards down.

wjjeeper

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Put some blind nuts into your roll bar or cage and use body bolts to bolt on a bracket. You could hang it off the side, or put it on top....

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Yakimas racks works great on the hardtop with my fishing gear. Surfboards are lighter. You could rig their brackets to the roll bar.

[youtube]bidqFfmwCdM[/youtube]

DSC01714.jpg

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
When I lived closer to the coast I bought some cheap wally world racks that just strap to the rain gutters and carried my boards on them for years. (then I moved to Atlanta and now almost never see the ocean anymore. My boards now just hang in the shop as a reminder of fun times in the past.)