• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tailgate Weatherstrip Question.

Tom Hartz

Does this look right?

Here is a picture of the bracket and rubber piece (I forget the official name.) on the tailgate.

I installed the tailgate / lift gate seal.

My concern is when you shut the tailgate it is real hard and where the rubber piece on the tailgate crushes the tailgate seal on the body.

Does that look right? Am I doing something wrong? If it is wrong please post a picture so I can fix it.

I am hope to button the Bronco up today.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Here is one on Val's Bronco

u5a3e3a8.jpg

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Here's a few more pics, mine fits better on pass. side??? Tailgate is not centered but it has the spare mounted on it!! Hope this helps.;D;D

Attachments

• DSCN6426.JPG
    DSCN6426.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN6428.JPG
    DSCN6428.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN6432.JPG
    DSCN6432.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN6424.JPG
    DSCN6424.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN6430.JPG
    DSCN6430.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 49

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is one on Val's Bronco

u5a3e3a8.jpg

Was just reading this thread and saw this pic. I'm like, "hey that's my tailgate". Then I read the comment LOL. It's fun seeing your bronco in the spotlight. ;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Was just reading this thread and saw this pic. I'm like, "hey that's my tailgate". Then I read the comment LOL. It's fun seeing your bronco in the spotlight. ;D

Hope you didn't mind as I remembered that thread from a while back.

OP
OP
Tom Hartz

Tom Hartz

Half Cab and NGA Bronco thank you for the pictures that is exactly what I needed. The 69 I am building looks just like yours. Guess I did ok.

Tom