• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TBI Megasquirt Conversion EMS-PRO Early Bronco Part 1

partsloco

I thought this might interest some people thinking about doing a TBI megasquirt upgrade. I like the idea of TBI because its easier to troubleshoot on the tail. you can quickly take your air cleaner and know if your getting fuel. Spare parts are cheap. You can do an EFI swap for about $500-$600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntHU5M55VaE

OP
OP
partsloco

partsloco

No, megasquirt is speed density. The computer has a built in map sensor. The ems-pro has two map sensors. One for engine load and the other for barometric correction. You do not need an O2 but highly recommended. There is a program called Tuner studio that has a feature called auto tune. It will optimize your fuel based on feed back from the O2. Also an O2 sensor will allow you to go is to closed loop.

OP
OP
partsloco

partsloco

I'm in the process of powder coating now. I will be wiring up sensors and hooking up the TBI next week.