• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

tech tip -speak up

U

Unregistereds

I have noticed people having problems with clearance once headers & deep aluminum trans pans are combined, this as most of you know is due to the adapter fitting on the pan making the fill tube stick out farther than stock, I found a remedie for at least the heddmans from the mass buy(yes I 'm a shadow lurker but I'll get to the reason later) -- I had already drilled & tapped under the fill tube hole for a mechanical temp gauge which was 1/2" NPT thread just like the fill tube fitting which proved to be useful in this situation, I swapped the fitting & this caused the bend on the stock fill tube to start lower which is what is needed to clear the headers with about an 1/8 of an inch, for the top part that bolts to the bellhousing bend back or remove then tack a new one higher, all of this will make the reading higher than stock on the dipstick so measure the amount the fill tube dropped then mark accordingly above original full line,this may or may not work with other headers but works great without bending the tube so you can return to stock in an emergency pan situation, I hope this may help someone which is all a I ever try to do, I realize some unregistered start alot of s$%t but you should not believe we are all like that, I do not register is because of the Dale Dribble sydrome, I know through the grapevine of people on the web especially on the stang sites that do nothing but look for mods done on car and try to hone in on where they live, for instance with a license plate(which I've seen some of you show) one can find out the address,name & all the registered drivers in that housewhole, point is becareful if your going to tell ever last detail about your truck on the net or you truck may get towed away someone day and the theif won't even need to guess what he got cause you gave him the parts list

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Unregistereds said:
I realize some unregistered start alot of s$%t but you should not believe we are all like that, I do not register is because of the Dale Dribble sydrome, I know through the grapevine of people on the web especially on the stang sites that do nothing but look for mods done on car and try to hone in on where they live, for instance with a license plate(which I've seen some of you show) one can find out the address,name & all the registered drivers in that housewhole, point is becareful if your going to tell ever last detail about your truck on the net or you truck may get towed away someone day and the theif won't even need to guess what he got cause you gave him the parts list
HA! I laugh in their faces! I even post with my name with NO worries. I've got surprises for potential thieves. They may enter my property, but they'll have to be carried out by gurney or bodybag. They better bring some big guns. Thank conservative lawmakers in Indiana so that honest citizens, like myself, can carry firearms and we don't even have to conceal them. Yes I can walk down main street if I like and carry a Desert Eagle cowboy style for all to see.