• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tennessee Valley Bronco's - Wooley's Off Road Park TN for Labor Day weekend ride??

earlybronco5

Loc.
Harvest, Alabama
Just spoke with the man at Wooley's Off Road Park near Lewisburg, TN regarding our desire to find an off road park for over Labor Day Weekend. They have several things going and less traffic than Wheeling-In-The-Country will have. Cost is $10 per person per day.

Here's what's listed on the site:

"Okay now for Labor Day weekend fun:

I have these plans so far however these events are very difficult to plan. I have more plans to come but do not have confirmations yet. So here is what I have so far

4 fresh junk cars to run over

Barbequed chicken quarters on Saturday

Night ride Saturday, the trails will be open till 11:00

Barbequed pork on Sunday

Night ride Sunday, the trails will be open till 11:00

On either night ride, gather up at the Wooly’s Office about 8:00 and we will ride together.

On Sunday afternoon about 5:00 we will have a band playing in the Wooly’s Office. Irene Goodnight was here Memorial Day weekend and will be her Sunday September 2.

Mike Travis and his team from the new 4WheelParts store in Nashville will be at Woolys Sunday wheeling and meeting people.

Monday we will be open for day time riding but closed by dark.

More details to follow in a few days, I promise."

Now Mike Travis and his gang from 4WheelParts were at Tellico Free-4-All - Murphy, NC and this guy is a HOOT! This was a REALLY good bunch of folks and his stuff is pretty awesome.

So who's interested?? Seriously, Paula and I are lookin' to go here. New territory and less people....looks like a great time! Anybody else???

ProjectBronco70

Loc.
Tennessee
I may be interested since it is so close to where I live. I am getting pulled in other directions from other Bronco trip possibilites. It's hard to figure out what to do.

Did you have a chance to get that DVD for me yet? I can hardly wait. You did a good job with that.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Sounds great.. Night riding huh? I need to get my rock lights hooked up..

Broncojoe1972

Loc.
Toney
Wow - This place looks pretty awesome...Did you guys check out the slideshow on the website.

I like the fact it would be less crowded too....

It's worth checking out for sure.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I want to drive over a car.. I know it doesn't take much to get me excited..

OP
OP
earlybronco5

earlybronco5

Loc.
Harvest, Alabama
Well, it looks like we have maybe 5 EB's so far heading to Wooley's. I am going to get Paula to email our "list" so we can make sure everybody is included. Some are asking about staying overnight but we plan to come home and then most likely go back the next day. What does everyone else have planned?

ProjectBronco70

Loc.
Tennessee
If I go I will probably stay the night since I only live about 10-15 miles from the park. I would invite some of you all to stay with me but I already have a full house.

Hogback

if i can get my discs and axles done i'll be there. It's not looking good either.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I talked with several folks this past weekend and informal count has at least 6 Broncos going from the Athens/Huntsville/Ardmore area. Just seems like Sept 1 is a long ways off:)

Broncojoe1972

Loc.
Toney
Well, it looks like we have maybe 5 EB's so far heading to Wooley's. I am going to get Paula to email our "list" so we can make sure everybody is included. Some are asking about staying overnight but we plan to come home and then most likely go back the next day. What does everyone else have planned?

I'll probably come home, but if it were going to be cool, camping sounds good.