• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Best Girlfriend in the world got me an 8,000lb wench for my B-Day!!!

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Guys,

Several months ago someone posted about the great deal they got on a Smittybilt 8,000lb winch on Amazon. WTH? Amazon, winch? So I looked, found it and put it in my shopping cart hoping it would come back down to the light'n sale price.

Since my wonderful girlfriend and I share my Amazon account she noticed it was saved in my cart. She asked me what was up and I told her I was just day dreaming of one day getting one and maybe the price would get cheaper.

So, she called Amazon and talked them into giving her the light'n sale price and with the prime account it was shipped for FREE!

It was going to be a surprise since my B-day isn't til the end of August but it actually weighed as much as her and she couldn't move it past the front door where the UPS guy left it.

Pretty cool huh? Anyway, I'm not the brag'n type, just really grateful with my newest item for the "Bronco To Do List" and thought I'd share.

Have a great week!
Chris
:cool:

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
I totally agree, she IS a keeper. PLUS now she wants me to show her how to use the winch on the Bronco on a ROAD TRIP!!! Now the pressure is one to fab up a solid mounting plate and F A S T!

Hehehe, couldn't resist typing wench vs winch.

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats...she's a great girlfriend. You should take her shopping!;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
haha.. Love it.. Congrats man!!!

ahh just get her some Flowers & a Card.... ;)

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
She's worthy of a few brownie points. Go personally select the flowers and personally take them to her work in front of everybody and take her to lunch.
Mak sure you arrive while everyone is there.
Oh and dont forget the "Box of Chocolates"
this will keep it in her mind for a week how special you are and how important she is to you.

Now for the important part got pictures of the w*nch?

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
My ole girlfriend suggested we stop at the SEARS SURPLUS STORE on the way home. I said sue...but its not on the way home....As we are wondering through the tool section she states....dont we need a wench on the bronco?....I said yes! ..but they are way to much cash! So she says why is $250.00 Too much? So we brought homea Ramsey #8000 for $250. The plastic solinoid cover was broken...so I mounted it under the hood....Now I go to the Surpplus Sears first....oh..ps...I married her also....lol

Jncuts

that's one big wench, you'll need a winch to pull her out of the Bronco

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I love big ol' amazon wenches, but at 8000 lbs, she'd better be 50 feet tall

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
HAHAHA! A wench from the Amazon! HAHAHA! Not me, not her.

Flowers and card are on their way!