• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The bubble has been broken!

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
After a 4 year hibernation at the in-laws I finally have my Bronco home again! We sold our house in 2008 and didn't have room for the Bronco until we built a "horse stall" at the new house. Now that it has a proper home, well lighted, heated and lots of room to work - let the fun begin!

First order of business was to install a new fuel pump as the old one would not prime up and flow gas when we went to move it. I installed a new rear u-joint too since I knew several of the roller pins were missing from 2 of the caps at the rear pinion yoke.

I have a whole pile of parts to install that I have been collecting and storing since I bought this thing: valve covers, Lokar dip stick, floor pans, front cage, tilt column and a Lecarra steering wheel just to name a few.

So much to do, where do I start? ;D

Attachments

• IMG00410-20120218-1640.jpg
    IMG00410-20120218-1640.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG00414-20120218-1643.jpg
    IMG00414-20120218-1643.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG00412-20120218-1642.jpg
    IMG00412-20120218-1642.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 215
  • Finished exterior.jpg
    Finished exterior.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 206

Heus33

Bronco Guru
So much to do, where do I start? ;D

For starters, I think an apology to that beautiful rig is in order! ;D

Looks like a GREAT place to wrench and enjoy the rig man - glad to hear its back!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Awesome set you got going there man...

Start at the Beginning".. make your list ;)

OP
OP
grs44310

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Awesome set you got going there man...

Start at the Beginning".. make your list ;)

Oh yea, I have a list somewhere...now where did I put that? ?:?

So you guys know the feeling, it's like getting new parts at Christmas and you just don't know what to play with first. ;D Part of me wants to fix all the oil leaks so I don't ruin my new concrete floor but cardboard and catch pans are cheap. The transmission pan was leaking so I checked the bolts and low and behold most of them were loose. The 2 at the front of the pan behind the bell housing are stripped out and will require a helicoil to fix. That means dropping the pan and all that is involved there.
To properly fix the rear main engine seal leak do I need to pull the motor? If so that leads to a full engine rebuild pretty easily. I have also been toying with the idea of getting a 5.0 with an AOD behind it to ease up on the gas mileage and RPM at highway speeds (4.11 gears and 31" tires currently.) I know that's more than a weekend project and I want to actually drive my truck before I tear it all apart again.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
For starters, I think an apology to that beautiful rig is in order! ;D

Looks like a GREAT place to wrench and enjoy the rig man - glad to hear its back!

Yes, I agree!
And coat that concrete if you haven't already before your kick ass Bronco leaks on it. :)

OP
OP
grs44310

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Thanks for all the compliments guys! The garage addition was planned from the minute we looked at the house with the realtor. It just took a year to get started and 2 to build. I can't wait to get everyone else's cars out of there so I can actually work on mine! ;D

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
i dont know which i like better, the Bronco or stable (dig those high ceilings). You must be stoked to have it back home with you though.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Great space to work in and great looking Bronco as well.:cool::cool: You must be live right!;D

Keep us posted with your up grades.

Fred

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Congrats on the garage, and getting your bronco back! How about a teaser pic on the new bling? It will be nice to see you roll in your bronco.

OP
OP
grs44310

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Congrats on the garage, and getting your bronco back! How about a teaser pic on the new bling? It will be nice to see you roll in your bronco.

Thanks Terri, you haven't seen the garage yet have you? Give me a ring some night and I'll give you the grand tour over a beer.

OP
OP
grs44310

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Tell me more about your Partition.Is it washable, were and how much ? Thanks

The partition wall is a custom insulated vinyl curtain, its water proof and has about an R5 rating. It is made up of 4' wide panels that are connected with velcro. I paid about $1200 for the entire kit from http://www.amcraftmanufacturing.com/ .

It provides privacy and creates a temperature barrier between the front garage and the stable. I can slide it to either side to move vehicles in and out too.

I researched several curtain wall manufacturing companies and settled on Amcraft due to quality, price and customer service. I asked a TON of questions prior to ordering and they happily answered all of them. I gave them my finished opening dimensions and they sent me a perfect fitting kit with all the trimmings except bolts to mount the track to the ceiling.