• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Lean Poll - Does yours?

Does yours lean?

• Yea, it leans.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • No, never a problem.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • It used to lean, but I fixed it.

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
None here. When I swapped the Dana 30 for a 44, I followed the tech article on Wild Horses website and adjusted my C bushings until both radius arms were touching the ground. I had to adjust them a few times but finally got them correct.

ransil

Bronco Guru
same here followed the article .. also my body was off a little measured from the frame to body I made "C" shims for under the body mounts.

mudmagnet63

Loc.
Geary OK.
Same here when I first put the radius arms back on the axle there was about 2" difference between them. I kept adjusting until both sat even on the floor and about the same distance from the axle. It took almost an hour to get it right.

Mud

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mine was flat before with OE radius arms when I bought it and it was still flat after installing the CAGE long arms. No fuss, no muss. Now the rake...that's a whole 'nuther matter.

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
yep, to the driver side about 1 1/2 ", going to swap the rear leafs and keep you posted, already had the front end radius arm caps on and off a dozen times

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
My 67 has alway been level. My wifes 73 dose not lean in the front but leans in the rear by about 2" on the passenger side. I think I have a broken leaf.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
my 67 never leaned until i put in the 44 and the new radius arms. i guess i need to read up on this article everyone's talking about

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
It's all about following the tech articles, using lots of grease, torquing your c clamp bolts in a crisscross-cross pattern and patience. It's takin me a lot of years to learn how to pace myself so I can do it right the first time.

moffatj2

Loc.
Hartsville, SC
No lean after installing a 2.5" lift. Followed the same tech article as the other folks here. Took a few trys before I bolted everything back up but the time was well worth it.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Mine is kinda crooked and leans to the left.