• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Think I might could get classic insurance on this deal?

FordTruckGuyFX4

Loc.
East TN
Here's the deal. Some of you may remember me posting a thread and numerous pics of a very very nice virgin '77 fullcab. I have wanted an EB forever and desperately want this one...it calls to me. The thing is drivable but could use like new plugs, wires, tires, and some things to make it reliable...er..more so than it is...i reckon everything is working, pinhole rust in front floors, and two small dents...only flaws with the body, V8, 3 on the tree, uncut, etc. So...I would have already got it but...I am going to the Nascar Technical Institute in about 2 and a half months. Right now at my job I'm making about 500 a week. I have the restoration of my '77 F-150 4x4 to complete which will be my driver there. Things left are like exhaust, 4 barrel and truck avenger, pertronix ignitor, upholstery, and uh...sub/amp...thats about it as far as drivability( I need music damnit) Now I plan on a 6" superlift, 37 SSRs, bullbar, foglights, etc. This Bronco I can get I know for 3500 bucks. Now...I was gonna sell my '66 stang but havent had much luck around here due to ppl lacking the money for it...figured i might get about 5k out of it. Now...I also am gonna be getting a 289 from a Shelby I am getting about 3000 for which will be put into the truck. With my work I can probly get about 1300 bucks or so set aside just for living expenses at my school there, gas, food, etc and I'll be getting a new job there. So I thought maybe I could do some trading for the coveted Bronco...I figure I might go down when I'm off work Friday and ask the guy if he might be interested in my car...I might see if he'd be up on a trade of his bronco+1000 bucks for my car which is a great driver car. Now if the guy has the spare cash he'd about hafta take the deal. If not I might could sell it dirt cheap to get EB money soon or just trade car for truck. Now...here's the problem...I have enough to pay insurance wise on the 77 F-150(hey cool, two 77s, heh)...it's the primary vehicle...I do however lack a garage...but could I get classic insurance on the EB ya think? What might it run?

Boston71

Loc.
Boston, MA
Hehe - thats alot of background information for just a question about insurance. To tell you the truth, I have no idea, but I am dying to know how you are going to figure out this whole car trade.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
In PA the idea of getting classic car insurance depends on getting registered as a classic first. It is not too hard, the vehicle first has to be old enough then you fill out the form and send in a few pics to the DOT and as long as it isn't a pile of junk you will get classic plates. I started the process, but decided against it due to the laws against driving it too often..

U

Unregistered

I elected to get an sole owner/operator policy with a mileage limit of 5000 miles per year . Saved me some bucks this way . If my '67 was a real classic unrestored #1 vehicle then things would be different . Do some searches to find the pros and cons on classic insurance , most agents are commission motivated and won't tell you all.

mtn_bronco

Loc.
Leadville, Colorado
You don't need to have it registered as a classic to have classic insurance. There are a few companies out there, grundy, hagerty and I can't think of the others. Pick up a Hemmings motor news and all the info is in there. Hagerty insists on no lift, no big motor mods, stored in a SEPERATE garage, driven only for classic car purposes (rides, meetings, and shows).

You can state a value and they will insure it for that amount, once it goes above a certain amount they may require pictures or an appraisal.

$12,000 for a value and I pay $130 per year

Howard

OP
OP
F

FordTruckGuyFX4

Loc.
East TN
Hmm...I might check a few...I really could use some slack on mileage. I do have proof of a primary driver vehicle, i.e. the 77(even though they dont know I'm doing the engine swap now and havent even finished the bed)...only problem I run into is lack of a garage. Does all the companies want a garage present? Vehicle is in good driver condition so it should be insurable...I'd probly want about a 6k value put on it.