• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking about selling

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
What do you guys think? I have been thinking about selling my 68 as I haven't had time or motivation for it since I purchased my new property. It has a rebuilt 351 and c4 with efi that has about 1000 miles on them. I also have an explorer front dress for it that I bought from sandman but haven't had time to install (currently running Taurus fan.) Should I sell it as it sits or take the time to put 2 new front seats and the explorer front dress on it before I put it up?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
As you know the market is stupid hot for early broncos. The few mods you mentioned may increase the value slightly but it may not make much difference in the bottom line price.

The real thing to consider is do you REALLY want to sell? Can you just moth ball the bronco for a while until the you get the bronco bug /time again? I have considered sell one of mine but realize that to get back into one the way I want it will be more than what I could sell mine for now. And lord only knows where the values will go in the next few years. Be really sure you want to sell it before you do.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
As you know the market is stupid hot for early broncos. The few mods you mentioned may increase the value slightly but it may not make much difference in the bottom line price.

The real thing to consider is do you REALLY want to sell? Can you just moth ball the bronco for a while until the you get the bronco bug /time again? I have considered sell one of mine but realize that to get back into one the way I want it will be more than what I could sell mine for now. And lord only knows where the values will go in the next few years. Be really sure you want to sell it before you do.

I did the frame off when I was around 30, then 6 to 7 years ago converted to efi and replaced the 289 with a rebuilt 351 and also paid a shop to rebuild the c4. Then I decided to take the front seats out because of a tear to the drivers. Put it in the garage 6 years ago and haven't done much since other than twin sticks, 1 inch body converted, new BFG ko3 and led Guage bulbs. I converted to ps,pb,d44,3g alt, h4 lights and afi wipers with the original build.

omureebe

If you don't need the money... Boy they're hard to come by. And if you think about getting another one at some point later, you're buying "someone else's problems". I drive mine maybe 700 miles a year but it's paid for. Life gets in the way, but every time I drive it I love it. If you don't enjoy it anymore, that's a different story!

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
According to Hagerty:
Fair condition: $22,900
Good: $40,500
Excellent: $67,600
Concours: $90,500
Back in May 2010 good was $10,500!

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru

I am sure. It's time for someone else to enjoy it.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
If you don't need the money... Boy they're hard to come by. And if you think about getting another one at some point later, you're buying "someone else's problems". I drive mine maybe 700 miles a year but it's paid for. Life gets in the way, but every time I drive it I love it. If you don't enjoy it anymore, that's a different story!

Nah, It's not a money issue .

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
According to Hagerty:
Fair condition: $22,900
Good: $40,500
Excellent: $67,600
Concours: $90,500
Back in May 2010 good was $10,500!

Interesting to see where haggerty has this today. They have escalated. I then checked on early Blazers as their popularity is rising quickly as well. They are roughly half the value of the Bronco but street rates are different. There were about 225k early Broncos and about 75k 1st gen Blazers. Not that this is relavent in a Bronco forum about Blazers but it is interesting form an investment perpective.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Interesting to see where haggerty has this today. They have escalated. I then checked on early Blazers as their popularity is rising quickly as well. They are roughly half the value of the Bronco but street rates are different. There were about 225k early Broncos and about 75k 1st gen Blazers. Not that this is relavent in a Bronco forum about Blazers but it is interesting form an investment perpective.

The k5 Blazers are probably worth the most for Blazers

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
On average they price the whole market, individually, I agree, Hagerty and others need to be taken with grain of salt, OK lump of salt.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

X2... I'd be hanging on to it

NashBronco

Loc.
Flowood, MS
I hate to see it, but I understand your position. I really think that it’s not worth the time and investment for the two upgrades. You can always sell the serpentine system with the bronco. Just mention that it’s from Sandman and it should alleviate anyone’s concern about what they are getting.

Any pictures to post of it?

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I hate to see it, but I understand your position. I really think that it’s not worth the time and investment for the two upgrades. You can always sell the serpentine system with the bronco. Just mention that it’s from Sandman and it should alleviate anyone’s concern about what they are getting.

Any pictures to post of it?

You can see pics in my garage

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
How much property? I'm rebuilding mine with EFI 4R70W and keeping the PTO winch just because of the family property. One of my favorite things is to tool around the property in the Bronco.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
How much property? I'm rebuilding mine with EFI 4R70W and keeping the PTO winch just because of the family property. One of my favorite things is to tool around the property in the Bronco.

22 acres. I drive it around on my property with my grandkids and to get my mail which is a half mile down the road.