• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

those stupid little accelerator linkage clips

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
does any one know where to get these? ive just gotten dumb looks from the guys at the three auto parts store ive tried. i dropped one into the blackhole of camp adventure (thats where i live), and im getting really embarrassed by that piece of wire holding the one of the linkage rods on. just so you know,the adventure around here is doing engine swaps.ive got my 3rd in three months happening next week.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I was having the same problem and ended up going to a hobby shop and buying a "wheel collar" for R/C Airplanes. Basically it is a doughnut shaped piece with a screw you tighten down to hold in place. If you put some lock-tite on it they will hold just fine. Or you can put up 40-50 dollars and go for a throttle cable setup from B.C. Broncos.

Mikey

Bronco Guru
If I recall correctly, you can get that part as an assortment from the "HELP" sections of most auto parts stores. You know, the displays with all sorts of odd stuff on red cards they call "HELP."

What a great company! Saved me many times on stuff I thought I'd NEVER find.
Mikey

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Its been years but mine came from napa I bought a hole box of them left and right's as was said I have lost my fair share of them and broken a few. But go to a real parts shop not pepboys ect. good luck. %) %) %) Bill :cool: %) :p

OP
OP
J

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
thanks guys ill try napa again. i went to 2 napas and they both had no clue about the clips. also no luck at the help section at advanced. i think if i have no luck, ill take you up on the offer hotwheels. or ill try those axle collars.they have them at the home depot also. thanks guys

OP
OP
J

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
im using 14 gauge bell wire. the po for one of my broncos was also the po for my house. he used those things for everything. its a mans mans twist tie. hotwheels- im in upstate new york, not too far from 2bad. i also have a pic of stripes for you, but am too broke to be a contributer and post it. at least for another month.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
RKM said:
I use a tie wrap!;D ;D They fix almost everything.
But here you go here is a LINK to the clips in Jeffs.

I used a tie wrap as a trail fix last summer, and it's still working fine.
If you're really desperate, order from Jeff's. Be aware that the have a minimum shipping charge which is likely alot more than the cost of the clips.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
73stallion said:
i can get 'em in the HELP section of any parts store all day long.
yes they are in the Help section ,just remember there are left and right handed ones ,You can learn from my mistakes , I made 2 trips to the parts store:-[

OP
OP
J

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
its really feast or famine with the parts stores around here. 2 days ago i went to both napas near me and neither had a gas cap.