• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Timing cover and water pump Bolts!!!!

diggs00

Hey guys,

I need do find the correct sizes for my timing cover and water pump bolts.

Can you guys help?

Joe473

ARP sells a bolt kit as do some of the vendors sell a stainless kit. I did the stainless before I knew the ARP kit existed. I would opt for the black oxide ARPs if I did it again.
Hey guys,

I need do find the correct sizes for my timing cover and water pump bolts.

Can you guys help?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
It might help us to help you if we knew what engine and which front brackets you have.
Some bolt sets for some engines are available in kits, some are not sold at all and replacements need to be sourced individually from the hardware suppliers..

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The small block Ford kits from big parts stores like summit won't be bronco specific. Get one thru a bronco vendor or you'll be buying single bolts after the fact.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Bolt kits are available, but if you're in a bind, standard length bllts from a hardware store will work. You'll find that a couple of the bolts are a special length, and aren't available at the store. In that case, you can use additiooal washer to keep the bolt from bottoming out.

Remember, these vehicles were made so they could be repaired on the side of the road with basic tools.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Whatever you end up with, just be sure to put sufficient antiseize on the bolts. That will help a lot during the next repair operation involving those bolts.

OP
OP
D

diggs00

It might help us to help you if we knew what engine and which front brackets you have.
Some bolt sets for some engines are available in kits, some are not sold at all and replacements need to be sourced individually from the hardware suppliers..

Thanks guys,

76 bronco 302, stock power steering and alternator brackets