• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tires And Gears Question

gledhillt

Hi, Is Anybody Running 35" Tires And 4.56 Gears On A Eb That They Use For Street And Trail. If So Does It Work Out, Or Does The Gears Seem To Low For The Street. Trying To Pick Some Gears, Don't Know If I Want 4.56 Or 4.30.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
C4, 35" tires, and 4.30 gearing works very well for me. No complaints.

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
I had that exact setup, 4.56 gears with a C4 and 35 BFG MT's. It was ok, but a little harsh on the freeway. I went to 4.11 gears and it's excellent. If your not doing too much freeway driving 4.56 isn't bad, and gets you lower on the trail. I opted to go to 4.11 for the freeway RPMs.

rednck21

sorry for slight hijack;D
how do you guys feel about 4.56 with 37s and i c4?

i ran that setup with a NP435 and it was a good combo...especially with the low first gear.

ive currently running 33's with 4.10's and a C4....im thinking about a 1' or 2" body lift and 35's to help on the freeway a little.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Depends on what transmission you have!

A C-4 is a 3 speed automatic with a final drive ratio of 1:1. If I was mainly going to drive on the street and needed highway gears, I would go with 4:11 gears.

I am running 35s, 4:56 gears, NV3550 5-speed manual with 5th gear being an overdrive.