• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Toasted my C-4 going to NP 435--Little help please.

msuforeman

Hot Springs took its toll on my C-4 this weekend so I am thinking about going manual. I have a patient that went from his stock manual in his 73 to a C-4. He said I could get what he has left over. What all should I get from him? Should I just tell him to bring me everything and go from there? Is this project a son-of-a-bitch? I've done a quick search and found a couple who have done it but not as many as I had hoped.

Anyone with knowledge on this swap please chime in.

Thanks,
Brian

black pearl

i took the bell housing,clutch fork,brake and clutch pedals and fly wheel off my parts bronco with a stock 3 speed.i said while i was doing the swap that i wouldn't do it again.i always say stuff like that when things don't go as smooth as i hoped ;D but i would probably do it again if i had to.

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Get the clutch rod (between pedal & bellcrank), bellcrank (between engine & frame), frame bellcrank bracket (mounts on top of the frame), engine bellcrank bracket (mounts to engine), adjustable clutch rod (between bellcrank & clutch fork)

Ryan.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I recently swapped from an NP435 to a C4; let me see if I can remember everything I took off (and sold):

- Bell housing
- Flywheel
- Tranny (DUH! %) )
- Adapter from tranny to t-case (hopefully; expensive to buy new)
- Engine bellcrank bracket
- Frame bellcrank bracket
- Bellcrank
- Clutch fork
- Clutch rod
- Dual pedal assy
- Shifter boot

I think that's everything. A lot of times people don't remove the bellcrank brackets; they just leave them on the engine and trans. Unless you plan on adapting a hydraulic clutch system you'll need them.