• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Todays bronco hunt

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So the other day at work a guy tells me he saw a yellow bronco and said it was around a 65. Ok I said where is it. He told me and again said he thought it was a 65. I didn't correct him on the years produced, was just happy he told me about it. That was last thursday. So today I hop in the truck and head down the road south of me to see if I can find it. No luck bummer! So on the way home I took a different route just to see what might be lurking beside some different roads all country. I ended up in another little town south of me. So I turn north on to a state highway and start home. Got to a little town that I've been thru lots of times and come to a auto repair shop and as I go by I catch a glimps of a 60's ford truck. I turn the truck around and go back to see what it was and low and behold it's a cab,bed and drivetrain built Marmon Herrington 60's ford truck. It was still in pretty good shape I think. I continued north and stopped at the other auto repair shop where this EB has been sitting for close to 10 years. I used to stop every year when I first saw it to see if the guy would sell it and leave my phone number. No was the answere evrytime. So I quit stopping. Today I stopped and took a pic of it and the marmon. If anyone knows of someone who might be interested in the marmon let me know and I could get some info on it.
Enjoy
frenchy

Attachments

• marmon herrington.jpg
    marmon herrington.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 403
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 328
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 340
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 378

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Interesting, had never seen one of them harrigton things before

OP
OP
frenchy

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Marmon Herrington converted trucks to 4x4 when the big 3 didn't and by the looks of this one did body conversions also. I 'll have to check into it more online.

frenchy

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That's an interesting looking Marmon Harringon rig! Both great treasures!

Todd Z.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The MH looks to be a 57' by the grille, after Ford started making 4x4's in house only odd ball builds were sent out to MH you'll still some of their axles under Ford F600 if you happen to see one.

OP
OP
frenchy

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Steve, I wondered what year it was.They still produce axles and transfercases in KY. Mostly for the military. Originaly the were built in Indianapolis Indiana.
frenchy

OP
OP
frenchy

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wheel horse did you mean to post something you saw, if so It didnt show up on here. I did post this thread on face book in the other bronco page's

frenchy