• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tom’s Bronco premium seats on back order.....any good alternatives?

DC_Gearhead

Just finishing up my 5 year build and held off on seats until I was ready to install and drive it....bad choice. The seats I wanted were the premium seats from Tom’s, but tried to order today and learned they are on back order with an expected ship date of 3 months. Now I’m looking to find an alternative.

Any ideas for front and back seats other than the bestop seats? My door panels are the black vinyl pleated ones with chrome trim from Distinctive.

Open to suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoePro

Contributor
Last edited:
OP
OP
DC_Gearhead

DC_Gearhead

If you’re set on getting Tom’s seats looks like they have their deluxe seats in stock (a step down from the premium upholstery) but you could always have them recovered. Pretty sure it’s those same seats that these shops are using when they reupholster with fancy leather and diamond stitching with the matching console lid, door panels and rear panels for $10k

https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product/complete-set-of-custom-seats-black-66-77-ford-bronco-new

I was thinking about those seats. Not so much the $10k dedazzled reupholstering but the seats. Haha. It seems like the Tom’s seats and the Bestop seats are the only option really.

I like the classic look of the vertical ribs....and I spent 3 months convincing my wife to let me spend the $$$.

Any other ideas?

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tom's premium are bestops with custom upholstry. The regular Tom's seats are Bestop seats. The difference is Tom's buys in such volume they're cheaper than getting them from Bestop direct, and Tom's has brackets that are direct bolt ins for Broncos. You can't find their "premium" seats anywhere else. You can find the basic ones for more money.

OP
OP
DC_Gearhead

DC_Gearhead

Decided to go with leather Tesla seats.

e90ffb2da5d1aef0fc7945e760f58244.jpg

amfw

I've got the procar rally seats in mine (up front) and absolutely love them... I find them super comfortable and really like the look.
I have heard it mentioned that the side bolsters make for an added height to overcome when entering, but it hasn't bothered me, and seems to be the case with the TBP/Bestop seats anyway.