• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Toploader Overdrive Shifter

the_kid23

Contributor
Anyone know which shifter will mount to an old Granada toploader with overdrive? The mounting points on the trans are different than a regular mustang toploader and I can't seem to find any info on how to mate a Hurst or any other shifter to it. Tried all the toploader sites and have gotten nowhere. If anyone has info on this its much appreciated!

OP
OP
T

the_kid23

Contributor
This is going in to 74 bronco. I have the trans, the output shaft and machined housing, just need a floor shifter that will work with this.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
The Bronco shifter is available from Advance Adapters who makes it and Tom's Bronco Parts. I bought mine from Tom's as it was a little cheaper through them as a kit and came with the shifter handle. You have to piece it together through AA.

http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/prod...peed-transmission-66-77-early-ford-bronco-new

The mounting brackets are the same as the standard Bronco 3 speed floor shifter setup. Only the shifter itself and the shift rods are different.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i have the three speed mounting brackets unused that you can have for cheap. also have a vintage mustang (70 or 71) 4 speed hurst shifter that needs the wear parts replaced that is for sale also. PM me if interested.

OP
OP
T

the_kid23

Contributor
I figured it out. I forgot the intermediate housing would have the shifter mount to it, not the toploader tail housing. I am a moron sorry for the ignorant question! Thanks to all who responded though!

Last edited:

baddad457

I have a Granada/F150 Hurst that needs a home. pm me. I have the shifter and mounting plate, the shift rods however ? I have a box full of em, but not sure which are which. Lets make a deal.