• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trader Rating / For Sale section

vintage bronco

Fellow members do you think it would be a good idea to have a rating something like ebay for our forum in the for sale section ? all of my purchases on this site have been positive but some members have not had such positive transactions just a suggestion what are your thoughts ?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
This is the only forum that I'm on that doesn't have a buyer/seller feedback area.........doesn't mean we do or don't need one, just an observation.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Why not have a rating? I'm new on here, I look at the for sale section all the time, but haven't bought from there yet. It might be good to know some background info

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
I have done biz with peeps on this board. Because I wanted to know who and who not to deal with, I suggested this before. Nobody wanted to do it so I let it go.
But so far I have only been hit with one bad trade that ticked me off.

But I Would like people to know they can trust me, but I don't know how to prove it unless I list my trades and with who. And they might not want me to say who. Or how much or what was traded. Idk.

I tell you what, Ebay should set up a system for making forum trades and buys and sells.only members can post or bid, it would be in a thread here, but the processing wiuld go through ebay and its buyer protection. Ha! Then you have a system.

mattt

Bronco Guru
I think it's a good idea for unknowns dealing with each other.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I'm all for a rating system. All my transactions have been good so far.

rhino2104

I think that one would be a good idea. I've always had good luck with my transactions, but I'm usually the one selling. However, it would help me out though as it'd give me a good name. A lot of newbie come here looking for parts and it would help them know who's good to deal with and who may not be the best. I'm not saying that anyone would do that around here or anything though.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I've mostly had good deals on here but I had one go pretty bad. I didn't get totally screwed, but it was pretty ridiculous dialogue and had I decided to go that path I probably could have screwed the guy over with a PayPal claim, but I'm not the same kind of person he was and was willing to resolve it without extreme measures.

I don't think a rating system will by any means be a solution to proving out people's reputation, but it gives you some kind of insight into how people conduct themselves. I think that has value.

But on the other hand, I've been on forums with these systems in place, and have seen situations where either:

1) Someone gets screwed but no one cares because user XYZ has been such a peach to the highly vocal forum regulars, who then side against the user claiming they were wronged, without any dog in the hunt or any proof that said user wasn't wronged.

2) User XYZ is a great guy with awesome rep until some life event throws them on slightly hard times and they decide to ride out that good reputation for what it's worth and screw some folks over while everyone still thinks they are so great.

The main issues will be, if it's a forum integrated (software) system, people either will not know how, or not care enough to use it as intended. But it will be a lot cleaner system from an integration viewpoint. Sadly when I see these I usually see them not being used and cluttering up the forum interface.

If it's a thread based system (new sub-forum, with threads naming the individual) it could be a big damn mess, but does allow for more information to be relayed. Jon has a darn clean forum here, the most well organized I've seen lately, if we start begging him for a feature, understand what that means to the overall layout of one of the most clean and efficiently organized boards on the web. True it can be hidden in a relative unobtrusive link, but guess what, you do that and no one uses it.

So, while I think in general it's a good idea, before everyone gets set on thinking one way or the other, consider all the possibilities.

Fricker08

All my interactions from this forum have bin awesome, however craigslist is a whole other story. It is unfortunate, but you live and learn.
We would hope that everyone on here are bronco brothers and sisters and would hope that they wouldn't screw someone over intentionally.
Feedback has it's good and bad. I personally don't find it necessary.