• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trail Cover MAD PROBLEMS

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
Have yet to hear about my trail cover from Rick or where my money went. Bad, bad customer service. Has yet to respond to any inquires I have made with him. Called, e-mailed, and Pm'd him severly times. Took my money and ran with it. I'm going try and go through the bank to try and get my money back. I would not buy from him just for future reference!!! I have a small business also and if I didn't contact my customers for four months and never provided what was ordered I would be out of buisness. Very disappointed and out $150 bucks. VENTING SORRY!!

Well now that I have that out there is there any one else making them?? I have not found them from anyone else.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
;D Please try not to use "mad" in your titles......

I must spend too much time on this site. I also thought of you when I read the title.

That being said, I hope you, broncobear22, get this worked out with Rick. I have never purchased anything from him but I can tell you he has been very helpful to me over the past several years. I very well may have given up on my 351 EFI conversion if he had not taken the time to share his knowledge with me.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
he usually gets his trail covers out in a timely manner i thought. i ordered mine 4 weeks ago, it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
He's been pretty helpful to me too. I think there has to be something going on for him to not get back with you. When I was getting ready for my trip up to Alaska I inquired about his trail cover and he could have easily just sold me one, but explained that it might not hold up to the wind on such a long trip.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I got my trail cover within a week of ordering it and had my trail top with in 3 weeks of ordering it. The trail top was custom ordered and built to my measurements actually the first one built to fit the Crab cage.
I'm sure he is in way over his head with trying to get his soft top orders done to put out the flames everyone keep lighting under his azz. I hope after this all settles down that he can and will keep producing his products.

OP
OP
broncobear22

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
Sorry for using MAd in my title!!! There is nothing towards you about it but I'm mad! Well I read that other forum and I can't belive this is going on. I will be taking farther actions towards this. It's only $150 bucks but thats what it is and I don't have a product in my hand for the 150. You know it would not be that bad if he actually responded and explained the situation with every one. I ordered it on September 16 payment went through on Oct. 1st. with no delivery report or any contact of when I would be getting it. Crazy that people actually do this, I really wish I would have known before I ordered it.

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Hell or high water, he'll never pipe up with a reasonable explanation that most will believe. Only explanation will be a note simply saying sorry for my shitass business values with the soft top/ trail cover/ bikini top in the box to each and every one that hes taken an order from. Quite frankly he should take a step back from takin any more money from anyone and load up on Red bulls til hes caught up.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I had no problems getting mine. I agree that it's not good business tho. hopefully he'll get back with you soon and make this all better.

J.D.

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
Sorry for using MAd in my title!!! There is nothing towards you about it but I'm mad! Well I read that other forum and I can't belive this is going on. I will be taking farther actions towards this. It's only $150 bucks but thats what it is and I don't have a product in my hand for the 150. You know it would not be that bad if he actually responded and explained the situation with every one. I ordered it on September 16 payment went through on Oct. 1st. with no delivery report or any contact of when I would be getting it. Crazy that people actually do this, I really wish I would have known before I ordered it.

You wouldn't have known, Most of us will tell you Rick has always been a stand up Guy and I believe there is another story from the other side...It could be that something went wrong. I highly doubt he has intentions of keeping your money and not sending a product, I am in the parts biz and know that occasionally things can go very wrong, with this said communication is key and it's one sided right now. I do understand where you are coming from.

starkypdx

Loc.
Secret lab in Oregon
I WANNA HEAR THE " I JAMMED IT TO HIM" STORY! This board is way to feel good,chummy, don't rock the boat on this particular subject. I want someone on this board to stand up and say I'm not a chump and stuck it to him. Start your story here:____________.

OP
OP
broncobear22

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
That is why I was so interested in getting one from him. He has helped a lot of people on this site. I am a mechanic so I know how parts are and how things don't go right every time but you have to keep in contact with your customers. That is your buisness, CUSTOMERS!!! You piss a few off and you have the worst name in history! You know I would be totally fine waiting and waiting if you let me know whats going on, call your customers and tell them you are way behind and that it will be longer then expected. You know that would make me feel a whole lot better about this but now I just feel as though I got ripped off!! Sucks!

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I WANNA HEAR THE " I JAMMED IT TO HIM" STORY! This board is way to feel good,chummy, don't rock the boat on this particular subject. I want someone on this board to stand up and say I'm not a chump and stuck it to him. Start your story here:____________.

Those are out there, but there just isn't in this case...yet. Rick has done right by a lot of folks, we just tend to give people the benefit of a doubt based on past experience.

Say you were selling a part to a fella, but you needed to ship it to him. the day before you are shipping the part, someone in your family, living out of state, dies and you are in charge of the estate. You drop everything to take care of this and weeks go by. You did not have time to get anything setup with anyone else to ship said part and buyer gets upset. Wouldn't you want him to understand or would you rather he jump down your thoat after all you've been thru??

or what if you were just diagnosed with a terminal illness?

I hope none of this has happened to Rick, but based on all the happy customers he's had this far, I imagine he's got a reason for all this.

We're not pirate, and that's why I have an account here and NOT there. We try and be logical about problems. I see the issue here, but you might be eating crow, maybe not??

J.D.

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Those are out there, but there just isn't in this case...yet. Rick has done right by a lot of folks, we just tend to give people the benefit of a doubt based on past experience.

Say you were selling a part to a fella, but you needed to ship it to him. the day before you are shipping the part, someone in your family, living out of state, dies and you are in charge of the estate. You call the guy you were selling the part to so he understands the nature of why he has your money and cant make goodYou drop everything to take care of this and weeks go by. You did not have time to get anything setup with anyone else to ship said part and buyer gets upset. Wouldn't you want him to understand or would you rather he jump down your thoat after all you've been thru??

or what if you were just diagnosed with a terminal illness? We could put up an annoucement on the website, or the board letting everyone know...

I hope none of this has happened to Rick, but based on all the happy customers he's had this far, I imagine he's got a reason for all this. that he should be telling everyone very promptly!

We're not pirate, and that's why I have an account here and NOT there. We try and be logical about problems. I see the issue here, but you might be eating crow, maybe not??

J.D.

Fixed it for ya.;D

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Nah, I'm sorry, if my family needs me at the drop of a hat or if I have been told I have 6 months to live I think ,my priorities would be reorganized and I think any little side business I was doing would be put on the back burner.

I mean, y'all are family and all, but you're NOT blood... :)

J.D.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Nah, I'm sorry, if my family needs me at the drop of a hat or if I have been told I have 6 months to live I think ,my priorities would be reorganized and I think any little side business I was doing would be put on the back burner.

I mean, y'all are family and all, but you're NOT blood... :)

J.D.

I understand where you are coming from, but come on. It would take 3 minutes of his time to sign on and post some type of comment. In today's society, it is really easy to get access to the internet pretty much anywhere. Even if there was a big family tragedy, you could get away for a second and do it. In fact, during family tragedies, it is actually nice to step away for a few from time to time and get your mind off of things for a bit. (speaking from experience).

Plus, there was a post in the other thread that indicated that somebody asked him if he would make a post on the board and he simply refused to do it.

Thank goodness that I wasn't further along in my build. I was actually considering buying a top from him. No way now. I will give my $1000+ to somebody else when the time comes.

rmfreeze

Loc.
Benton, Arkansas
I understand where you are coming from, but come on. It would take 3 minutes of his time to sign on and post some type of comment.

Let's not forget a few folks have posted that they've talked to him and asked/urged him to get on here and explain things. And his response: NO. Could one of those folks not been told the circumstances if they were so dire? And then that person explain it to the rest? I tend to think the issue is probably $$ and/or production related and that's that.