• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trailer Receiver Hitch

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
I am looking for a hitch for my EB. James Duff has one and so does Tom's but does anyone know of anyone else that may have something out there?

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Don't know about others but the one from Tom's is pretty nice. Real heavy duty. The only thing I don't like about it is the reciver sticks out a little more than most others I have seen.

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
I've got Duff's and am pretty satisfied with it. Had to cut a bit into the tank shield sheet metal to make it fit on my '68. Can't be seen, though, with the bumper in place. Sure has come in handy not just for my trailer but for getting other people unstuck (and myself sometimes! ;D ).

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
I think any trailer hitch place could put you one on a lot cheaper then buying one from a vendor and paying the freight, they arent light.

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
mtkawboy said:
I think any trailer hitch place could put you one on a lot cheaper then buying one from a vendor and paying the freight, they arent light.

You might be right about this but I found that when I went around to some local places, they didn't even want to touch my truck. They seem to only have hitches which fit a specific range of models and years. Guess what? '68 Broncos aren't on these local shops' lists and for good reason. There just isn't enough of a market. So, I was thankful that Duff's had one that was already custom fit and was pretty much straight forward to install. My 2 cents. ;D

Mikeg23

Loc.
Greenwood, IN
The one on Tom's says that it will work with a stock or 23 gallon tank. The only one I found on JBG webpage says that it is only Matkins frames.

Either way couldn't you get by with a bumper that has a reciever in it? Or will you be towing something large?

Last edited: