• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tranny cooler Placement

hmgoy

Loc.
CHANDLER, AZ
I bought a tranny cooler from summit (flexilite) it has an electric fan and shroud and thermostat. i was ging to mount it under the passengers side floorboard. however, the instructions said not to place it where it will get wet or rocks will hit it. i dont really know where else to put it. i wanted to put it there because i wouldnt have to run long tranny lines to it. anyone else have any inventive ways they mounted theirs?

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Strange you should ask. I too was going to put a trans cooler under the passenger side floor board (between the frame and rock skiis). I too was told NO! Instead I mounted mine inside the engine bay on top of the passenger side fender well. Works great, I tested it Sunday.

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru
I'm going to mount mine under the bed between the framerails like I did on my 83 TOY. Constant supply of cooler air, high enough to not see anything thrown at it or get very wet. Long tranny lines though, but worth it in my opinion.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I'm also going with the tranny cooler on the passnger side inner fender. I will have it plumbed into the return line.

hth

:)

Mick

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
My wife, after feeling the fan vibrations under her feet, snickered and said maybe I should have mounted it under the passenger seat.;D :eek: HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Any outstanding wheelin areas out there you care to let me in on?
My partner drives a 03 TJ that's built pretty good and what he can't handle I have a winch to account for. LOL!! Kidding aside he's one of the best. We'll be camping somewhere in your state leaving Barstow on Saturday.

OP
OP
hmgoy

hmgoy

Loc.
CHANDLER, AZ
go to drivenautoparts.com get the phone number and talk to moogie. they are the local bronco gods. he will know the good areas. im still building mine.. but i i know there area some good areas arund here!