• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tremec in a bronco

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Advance Adapters made an adapter for a T5 years ago, but no longer. It's a weak transmission for a Bronco and the overdrive is so steep, you'd never use it. There are a lot better choices out there for modern transmission swaps into a Bronco.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
X2 on the weakness of the T5. It didnt even hold up well in jeeps. Plus there is no real gain 2.95 first gear only slightly better than a 3sp. There are way better choices than the T5.

kntr

Bronco Guru
I ran a T5 in my bronco for about 5 years and 70,000 miles. I ran a 300 hp motor and it held up fine. I had to run really low gears to use the 5th gear. I did get great mileage on the hwy though.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I'm currently installing a nv3550 behind my 302,with a stock rebuild,from what I've read this is a pretty decent swap.:cool:

Rocking Bronc66

Go with the nv3550... It's easy to install you can reuse your stock drivelines and they hold up very well, 4 to 1 first gear and overdrive