• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trim removal

Fastwest

How do you get sport trim off around the windows and wing windows on the doors. Hard to search since I'm on my phone. Thanks guys

The Mule

I used an aluminum bottle opener with some electrical tape wrapped around the long portion to protect the trim finish. Don't get in a hurry, or it will bend. Good Luck.

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
It's been a while since I removed the door trim, so I'm trying to remember. There is a tab on the backside of the trim, that helps hold it on, I used a small screwdriver to slightly open those tabs up then starting at on end carefully prying to get it started, once started it will come right off.

tmacstickman

The trim around the windows, such as the hard-top and windshield cannot be removed so easily. The backsides of these trim pieces have a "tongue", so to speak, that fit into the "grove" that is formed into the respective seal. So, a little more patience will be needed to remove the trim without bending or kinking it.