• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trying to locate a long lost Bronco

spudly

Loc.
Newark, CA
Figured I'd give this a try. I'm trying to find what use to be my Grandfather's Bronco. I honestly do not remember much of the details about the Bronco other than what I have in pictures.

From what I can tell it was a '66 roadster (U13) model in powder blue. It may still have the old California black plates on it since the number is unavailable through the DMV vanity plate requester. The tag number was California UED 327.

Here are a couple of pics from it back in the day:

bronco1.jpg

bronco2.jpg

ShortBus

Hey, It would be funny to find my first Bronco. It was a brown '73 with the half family cage. I traded it to a guy in Los Gatos or San Jose, CA in about 1992 for some yellow POS kit car on a volkswagon chassy. I still hate myself a bit for being young, but if it is any help to my image, I still have a classic volkswagon. I love the air cooled motors :)

Attachments

• DSC00210.JPG
    DSC00210.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 58

broncojack

Contributor
Try contacting the California DMV and ask for a Vechicle Registration Information. They can give you a list of registered owners. I traced my Bronco back to 1983.

OP
OP
S

spudly

Loc.
Newark, CA
I believe you have to be the registered owner to get the VIN history. At least that's what the DMV told me when I was tracing the history on our old K20 Chevy.

Unfortunately I do not have any VIN info, just the tag number from the pictures.

I'm just kind of hoping that if the plates are still in use that they are still with the Bronco. It would just be nice to see it again.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
maybe you can use the tag# to get the vin, welcome to the forum though, and the best of luck at finding that U13, if I were you I would stop at nothing.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
You go through a Private Eye!! The one I used to get info for a past vehicle had no problem getting this info, give it a try it wont hurt!!

Shawn

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
Best way is if you have a cop friend or a friend of a friend that is a cop

Brian

That is one coool rig too

OP
OP
S

spudly

Loc.
Newark, CA
Welcome to the site. Nice pictures. Is that you and Gramps?

Yep, me and my gramps back in the day.

I'll have to see if I can get some new friends on the local police force to help track this down :D

It may be lost cause though, another member here has indicated the tag hasn't been active in over five years.