• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tub building threads

akforsyth

Contributor
Can anyone point me in the direction of some threads where guys have assembled their own tubs? I have found a few great YouTube videos but always wanting more in my back pocket before diving in further. What began as a simple brace and replace has turned into more of an entire rebuild. It seems that over the years the PO added a lot of custom fabricated pieces when parts rotted out and after bracing and measuring I am learning that absolutely nothing was straight, square, or even properly fitted. Good thing everything is held with tech screws at this point, but I cannot get some measurements correct. Planning on removing the hard top and windshield frame and go forward replacing just about all the sheet metal from there. Thanks.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Can anyone point me in the direction of some threads where guys have assembled their own tubs? I have found a few great YouTube videos but always wanting more in my back pocket before diving in further. What began as a simple brace and replace has turned into more of an entire rebuild. It seems that over the years the PO added a lot of custom fabricated pieces when parts rotted out and after bracing and measuring I am learning that absolutely nothing was straight, square, or even properly fitted. Good thing everything is held with tech screws at this point, but I cannot get some measurements correct. Planning on removing the hard top and windshield frame and go forward replacing just about all the sheet metal from there. Thanks.
I would suggest looking through the build threads. A lot of great pictures and skills shown there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
akforsyth

akforsyth

Contributor
Thanks, I've gone through a bunch of th build threads and realized that there is a lot more than I have time to go through and was hoping that someone who has done one could post the like to theirs. Unfortunately the word "tub" is again too short for the search so it also limits that avenue.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Thanks, I've gone through a bunch of th build threads and realized that there is a lot more than I have time to go through and was hoping that someone who has done one could post the like to theirs. Unfortunately the word "tub" is again too short for the search so it also limits that avenue.
There are also a LOT of videos on YouTube.

These guys seem to be through..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk