• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tuffy lock box Alternative

edmonson

Does anyone know where to find a cheaper alternative to the tuffy lock box that goes inbetween the two front seats? I like the tuffy box but $200.00 + is a little more than I want to spend. Thanks

bosshoff

Contributor
Where are you located? I have a steel lockbox console which I don't use. I'd give you a deal on it. Shipping may be an issue, as it is heavy.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I had the ammo box set-up in my 72. After putting the $200 tuffy console in the wifes 66 I decided it was worth the $$. It works great and after you think of your time and effort you are beyond the $200 price. I know it sucks but they are pretty nice to have. You won't regret it.

Broncoholic1

My tuffy is the whip. Be sure to get the one with the stereo and can holders, they are the perfect height for an arm rest

One of the best investments, My $75 Jeep one broke Save up, or just go with the millitary surplus unit.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Not to jack your thread but what is the preferred size of ammo can? I have some 50 cal and they seem too small.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/4630 at 209.99 with free shipping to your door, is a good deal, you won't regret it.

It's an extra 30 bucks for the stereo version so you are back at $240 or as the original post put it $200+.

I had a similar unit to the jeep one listed above but it was crappy and broke. Plus it offers little real security protection, ie a strong fingernail was all that was needed to pry it open.

There was a mass buy on here a few years ago, if I could get the stereo version shipped to me at sub $200 I would probably do it. But until then or when I can find a suitable alternative, I am also in a holding pattern.
Dennis