• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Turn Signal Intermittent "Super" Cancel

jimmyv65

Intermittently, when turning right, my turn signals will "super cancel" all the way over to a left turn signal. It only does it on a right turn. The column is a 1974 column and everything in it is new. The turn sig unit is a dennis carpenter aftermarket. My wheel is on a grant adapter. I have the two pins for the canceling.

As mentioned, it works fine on left turns, and only has the issue occasionally on a right turn.

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue and knows of a fix.

Thanks!

mrdrnac

Contributor
Its the roll pins more than likely. Sometimes you have to bend them in some so they don't contact the switch so hard. I've never had very good luck with the pins they tend to break off the canceling arms, not good. I made the stock canceling cam work on the back of my Grant adapter, it works much better.

OP
OP
J

jimmyv65

Its the roll pins more than likely. Sometimes you have to bend them in some so they don't contact the switch so hard. I've never had very good luck with the pins they tend to break off the canceling arms, not good. I made the stock canceling cam work on the back of my Grant adapter, it works much better.

Thanks for the info!

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I made the stock canceling cam work on the back of my Grant adapter, it works much better.

Not a Grant adapter, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 20200321_124715.jpg
    20200321_124715.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 15