• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Two(?) 66's Saved/Found - U13 and U15 - Now What???

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Good news: I took a little road trip today and picked up a '66 rolling frame, complete with engine and trans. I also got the title and warranty tag.

Bad news: it doesn't match. FYI - the seller was up front about this, so no heartburn there.

Anyway, the frame is U15FL768320 which should be a 6 cylinder wagon built in October 1965.

The title and warranty tag are U13FL766066, which should be a 6 cylinder roadster, also built October 1965.

Also, the frame has a 6 cylinder in it now, but looks like it had 8 cylinder frame mounts at some time.

So, now what? I have something like 5 Broncos now, depending on how you count, and I'm inclined to sell all of this. But how do you sell a warranty tag and title? Maybe I just sell it all together, noting that it doesn't match?

Attachments

• IMG_3461.jpg
    IMG_3461.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3463.jpg
    IMG_3463.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 69

suckerpunched

I have a title too that matches nothing of mine. I am hesitant to sell it, although it has value, because I figure it makes it too easy for thieves to steal one of our Broncos and re title it. I would, however give it to someone who I knew was going to stamp an untitled, non stolen frame.
Your chassis definitely has value, here in California there is a fairly simple process to getting a title to match the frame. I don't know about other states.

OP
OP
bulletpruf

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I have a title too that matches nothing of mine. I am hesitant to sell it, although it has value, because I figure it makes it too easy for thieves to steal one of our Broncos and re title it. I would, however give it to someone who I knew was going to stamp an untitled, non stolen frame.
Your chassis definitely has value, here in California there is a fairly simple process to getting a title to match the frame. I don't know about other states.

There's a process here in Texas to get a title for a vehicle with no title, but there's an inspection involved, and I'm pretty sure you'd have to have a complete vehicle for the inspection. Doesn't need to be road worthy, but has to be complete, including drivetrain.